• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught shoplifting, do I pay the fine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm be interesting to see that letter - nothing identifiable has been posted ( I'll check back through )

Thanks for the envelope - I'll add it to the examples for others xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

nope nothing .... but maybe your username isn't quite random enough ? Nice to know Jackies still paying attention though
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

My username has nothing whatsoever to do with me which is strange, but anyway, it’s all standard and nothing new or to worry about?

Comment

Companies who send out multiple demands for payments (eg debt collectors, parking companies, civil recovery companies) know that a proportion of the people they target will seek advice from online forums.
          These people will generally then dispute the claim, and cost those companies .
          Companies will therefore regularly try and rubbish the advice that is being given.
          As the postings are normally anonymous the companies send generic letters such as the one you have received in an attempt to persuade their target to ignore the advice

Comment

Ah okay makes sense, here is the letter anyway

Comment

Maybe they've just guessed, or gone of the amount of the returned goods and shop name and made assumptions from there, or maybe they're just randomly sending these letters out...strange way to go about it but simply meant to intimidate I assume.

On their comments regarding costs regardless of the ultimate outcome of a court claim, they should bear in mind that they too would need to follow the proper pre-action protocols - well, their client would need to, because RLP simply cannot issue a claim in their own name.

If Superdrug issue an actual pre-action letter you will respond to that requesting the full breakdown of the amount claimed and evidence of such.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X