• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi - New Member - Help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - New Member - Help needed please

Hi Legal Beagles

I am hoping you csn help me.
    where should I post with regards to a Claim Form and letter from Lowell Solicitors and Lowell El Portfolio 1 Ltd (in the County Court Business Centre) for a debt I am almost certain is over 6 years old and is addressed to me In my married name though I am divorced 5 years.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Feeling worried
    Gromit
    Tags: None

The wrong name makes no difference, I'm afraid.

plus see the post on here about ten year old CCJ.

Comment

5 Time limit for actions founded on simple contract.

An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.

It is possible the debt is between 5 and 6 years since default. Did you receive a letter before claim before you have received the claim form ?

If you could post in https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...well-portfolio with these details please we'll give you a hand

Received a claim? Yes/No:
      Issue Date:
      Have you Acknowledged the Claim?:
      Total Amount Claimed : ( approximately please do NOT use EXACT figure given on the claim form, round up to next £100 or £1000)
      Claimant’s Name:
      Solicitors Firm:
      Original Creditor:
      Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) :
      Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
      Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
      List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ):
      Any Other Information or Background Details:
      First step is to acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full - just buys you some time for now while you find out more information - see Acknowledge Claim
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amytheat
        Thank you so much for your response.
        Apologies that I have not respond on before now but I've been wiped out with a sickness bug these last few days.
        The Lowell letter says I need to respond to them by 16th Jan (which is tomorrow).
        I have just gone online to acknowledge the claim but their site is down for maintenance!
        I will try again a bit later.
        I will post the other information on the forum where you suggested very shortly.
        Thank you again.

Comment

Not highly informative on their Maintenance notice are they.
          2019-01-15 12_12_06-Start.png
          You might want to email them a copy of the acknowledgement and send in on paper, as back up.... just incase they don't get the site back up and running before 4pm if today is your last day. If emailing put the Subject as URGENT: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SERVICE - CLAIM XXXXX - Lowell Portfolio v GROMIT and put a copy in the post as well. If you don't have a response pack with the claim form you can get it here https://assets.publishing.service.go...717/n9-eng.pdf

County Court Business Centre (CCBC):

ccbc@justice.gov.uk

Money Claim Online (MCOL):

0300 123 1057

St. Katharine's House
          21-27 St. Katharine's Street
          Northampton
          NN1 2LH

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst

I have managed to get online and registered on MCOL
            However I am not sure what to put in the "defence particulars" part of form.
            Please help as I only have one hour (the site was down for maintenance today) to get this in
            Many thanks in advance
            G
            Last edited by Gromit; 15th January 2019, 15:11:PM.

Comment

You don't need a defence as yet - just acknowledge - you then have 33 days from the date of issue printed on the claim form to file a defence
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X