• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FMB Fanclub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FMB Fanclub

Put some old socks over your shoes, doesn't look glam but stops you doing a Torvill and Dean impression badly lol

Comment

Its frewzing here too. Can't understand why the cars haven't frosted for the last 3 mornings, even though its DEFINITEly loads colder than it was last week.

Am now in the office, I think its colder in here than it is outside, have on jeans, socks, boots, shirt, jumper, jacket and my WBA scarf. Did have gloves on as well but too difficult to type so had to take them off. Am really busy so gotta make an effort. I'll do that when the boss comes back. He's gone to a meeting with strict instructions to stop off at a grocers and get some carrots for Jerry cos I've run out, and need to chop em up to put in his kick round the stable ball for when he comes in tonight.

Had a bit of a lie in today cos a mate offered to turn him out so I didn't have to get up a stupid o'clock ( I love friends like that!)

Can't believe that with a week to go I am all ready for Crimbo, pressies all wrapped, apart from two that I haven't bought yet lol. Tree decorated. Meat ordered. Crackers made with personal pressies in for the guests. Table stuff all ready for chcuking onto the table. Hair appontment booked (my Christmas Eve ritual with my lovely Italian hairdresser).

Gotta go now, my friends just phoned so am gonna have a natter. Back soon.
      Is no longer here

Comment

Your all sortd then Wendy not much left to do meself thank goodness.
        All the pressies have gone to the right places ready to be put under the tree or in the stockings lol.

Just my main food shopping to do and that won't take long tbh.

Just seen the news, Blizzards in North America 12 inches of snow that would go right over the top of my wellies lol.
        Tis nice when you get a lift with the horses, we used to work together on our farm made it all so much easier.

Comment

I need me Christmas dinner and that's me sorted, oh also need to get some birfday cards and a cake as himself is having a birfday on Wednesday.

So I'm left with getting me turkey, spuds, veggies, Puddin and cream and some mince pies (plus extra milk and bread) and that's me done.

Comment

Got the main essential-according to Himself thats the cointreau to go inhis trifle and the conitreau cream with orange bits in it to go on the top. Well if thats all it takes to please him he'll be okay lol. Haven't told him that as yet we have no swiss roll to go in the trifle and no custard, ha ha.

Just gotta get the veggies (as if there's not already 6 of em going to be sitting round my table already). Anniversary card for hubby, 19 years on Christmas Eve, bloody hell I could've murdered him at the beginning and been out by now! And our ritual Anniversary pressies, a bottle of Southern Comfort for me and Cointreau for him. He usually buys me another pressie as well but we won't go into that here, suffice it to say that I always wonder whether these extra pressies are for me or him, really. pmsl.

Blizzards, eh? Don't fancy that, not for a minute. Me stilettos would get stuck in the drifts, not to mention the FMBs. Don't think wellies are very fetching, practical, yaeh, but sexy - NOT!
            Is no longer here

Comment

Stilettos are good in ice, you can use the heel to dig in!

Comment

To dig in your OH's sides when he gives you a piggy back you mean :ho:

Comment

I likes your thunking!

Comment

Tis freezing blummin cold, i don't want to go out.... got another round of physio at 11 though so i have to. then it's off to morrisons for the food shopping...oh the joy... bet it'll be packed again and i'll have to play dodge the the half million shoppers in the isles. then it's home again to boring housework.... better cook hubby a special meal tonight in preparation for telling him we have an xmas visitor... the nursery's guinea pig has no home.... so i've volunteered...opps LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tempty View Post
                      the nursery's guinea pig has no home.... so i've volunteered...opps LOL
                      I suppose it s cheaper than buying a Turkey, although theres not much meat on the legs if you ask me.

Comment

:snowlol::snowlol::snowlol: True Pk but all the family can have a leg each this year lol

Comment

Ok guys I have a likkle pwoblem.

Due to himself working all weekend, I have to do some shopping tomorrow, so if I buy my fresh turkey tomorrow (planning to cook it Xmas Eve) it's not gonna be much good come Monday is it? (plus there is no where to keep it)

So, I suggested getting a frozen one, sticking it out in the shed and leaving it to defrost all alone. Himself thinks this is bad idea, but as I have said, it's gonna take a while to defrost anyway, and at least it's out of the way and I don't have to store it (somewhere where muttchops can't get at it)

So which option is better?

Comment

Of the two options, deffo the frozen option as long as it's well covered and in the shed depending on size it will take at least 2 days to defrost. So if you get it late Thursday it'll probably be Sunday before it's defrosted and I should imagine your shed would not be much warmer than your fridge tbh.
                            That would be what I would do Delta, check the defrost info on the packaging anyway because a lot will also depend on the size of the bird.

Comment

Yea that's what I figured, by buying a frozen one, it gave me more storage time, it's very dry and secure in the shed, and yes at the moment not any warmer than my fridge, plus if it's in the fridge then it drips everywhere and you can't fit ****** all else in there.

Will check the defrost times when I go to Asda, I do have room to shove one in the freezer for a day or so at the moment if needed.

Thanks hun, I just needed someone to tell me that I wasn't being a fruitcake

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post

Thanks hun, I just needed someone to tell me that I wasn't being a fruitcake
                                Glad you wern't relying on me to do that!
                                mas:
                                Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X