• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Football World Cup 2010 thread---Africa awaits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football World Cup 2010 thread---Africa awaits

Group A
    South Africa
    Mexico
    Uruguary
    France

Group B
    Argentina
    Nigeria
    South Korea
    Greece

Group C
    England
    USA
    Algeria
    Slovenia

Group D
    Germany
    Australia
    Serbia
    Ghana

Group E
    Netherlands
    Denmark
    Japan
    Cameroon

Group F
    Italy
    Paraguay
    New Zealand
    Slovakia

Group G
    Brazil
    North Korea
    Ivory Coast
    Portugal

Group H
    Spain
    Switzerland
    Honduras
    Chile
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Finally edited properly. So initial thoughts?
    Last edited by natweststaffmember; 4th December 2009, 18:59:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Football World Cup 2010 thread---Africa awaits

Bo**cks. I must have tickets for just about every game except England's.

Comment

What's the song, then? - not 'eer wee go', that's far too complicated lol
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Well I know what I'll be singing - ''anyone want 6 tickets for Ghana v Serbia?''.

Comment

How come have you got tickets for World Cup games Exc?
          Is no longer here

Comment

The venues

World Cup 2010 - England's road to the final - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
              How come have you got tickets for World Cup games Exc?
              We've got a family house on a game reserve near Kruger National Park in South Africa which is fairly close to 2 of the world cup venues - Nelspruit & Jo-burg. You had to buy tickets for games blind ie D2 v D4 at Nelspruit without knowing who was playing in advance. So we got tickets for all the Nelspruit and Jo-burg group games in the hope that England would be one of them.

Comment

BBC Sport - Football - David Beckham set to miss World Cup with injury
                The news that David Beckham is almost certainly OUT of the world cup is a huge blow to women up and down the country who only tune in to look at him

Comment

I prefer Fabulous Frank (Lampard) myself.

Anyways I digress, Nattie are you going to do us a commentary on the World Cup please ?

Comment

Ok, so who will you be supporting in the World Cup 2010.

What do you think your contries chances are?(apologies if you are scottish/welsh or Irish but no doubt you'll be supporting either England, anyone playing against England or an Irish special of anyone who plays against France ).

Comment

Today we start it all off with South Africa v. Mexico on ITV1 followed by Uruguay v. France on BBC1.
                      It's finally here........

Comment

Good luck England!!

(wonder if Germany will beat you on penalties in the semis????)

Would love to see Bafana Bafana get through to next round, but they won't go far. Quite amazed by the atmosphere we can expect from the supporters- incredibly noisy. Wonder if the horns (vuvuzelas) will find their way over to UK grounds.

Have posted a few times in the past on Bloemfontien Celtic forum and found them to be incredibly friendly. http://www.bloemfonteincelticfc.co.z...z9d95937a21e5a
                        Last edited by orc; 11th June 2010, 10:53:AM. Reason: vuvuzelas added

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by orc View Post

(wonder if Germany will beat you on penalties in the semis????)
                            Remind me, did Scotland qualify?

Comment

Only posted as a bit of light hearted banter EXC, not everything has to be serious or tit for tat. Just putting the frightners on re the Germany scenario, thats all, as the Scots know what that would mean and we enjoy ribbing you.

Of course we are not there- unfortunately or even perhaps fortunately, but the current state of our game means we are unlikely to be there for quite a while.

Difference is that we can have a joke at our own expense and we enjoy ourselves even if we get beat- our expectations are not high. Thats why the Tartan Army are welcomed the world over.

Comparatively, England have had a relatively easy draw "again" and should have no difficulty progressing to the next round.

Thats when we can expect the pundits do their normal routine which happens at every tournament (which greatly discredits England and their fans) and announce that once England beat so and so, they will meet team b (who don't have any quality and are past their best). Before you know it, England have only played 3 games yet the next stop is the semi and as thats a one off game, its an England v x final. (Wait and see as I confidently predict this scenario re pundits and press).

From the BBC- an article on the "Anyone But England" syndrome:

"As the World Cup kicks off, many football fans from the UK's celtic nations say they will support ABE - Anyone But England. Why does this inflame so much passion on both sides?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8733373.stm

But, as I said previously- best wishes to England, GOOD LUCK! And enjoy yourself at the matches.
                              Last edited by orc; 11th June 2010, 13:42:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X