• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

I can't belive it either, Ive been on here for a good 5-6 months and only just come accross this thread, Sorry to hear all that happend to you, I was hoisted out a company, they "found" a way i was mis-reprisenting - just another way to get the top earners out of the company quickly. Surely its not that bad what you did, helping the innocent who where prayed on by the more fortunate, slightly for aristocratic. Well done though I hope everything has worked out for the better. I bet you hated working for them anyway
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

Originally posted by onepisedbank_customer View Post
      I can't belive it either, Ive been on here for a good 5-6 months and only just come accross this thread, Sorry to hear all that happend to you, I was hoisted out a company, they "found" a way i was mis-reprisenting - just another way to get the top earners out of the company quickly. Surely its not that bad what you did, helping the innocent who where prayed on by the more fortunate, slightly for aristocratic. Well done though I hope everything has worked out for the better. I bet you hated working for them anyway
      I loved my job so no I never hated working for them. I was unfortunate that I was sacked in the worst time of the recession but hey ho, onwards and upwards.

Comment

Does that rule you out of other banking positions i.e for other banks. Glad your on our side
        ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

The banker, benefactor was dismissed from the bank Banking News

I think their take is quite funny.

For more than two years Keyrman Tim (Tim Keirman) was an angel, the keeper of secret bank clients.

Still working at NatWest, to the chagrin of the large employers, he helped thousands of customers to return the money through the placement of anonymous tips in the forums of specialized sites. Last week, his identity was disclosed to the bank. Payment has become an immediate and merciless, writes The Independent.
          Keyrman, 34-year-old cashier and MoneySense advisor at a branch of NatWest, Cambridge yesterday told of their deeds. After a disciplinary Keyrman assembly was dismissed for misconduct.
          Banker spent his free time helping clients cope with the bureaucracy to get back the money. Keyrman placed trust boards and internal documents.
          As Keyrman said he was pleased to realize that he has helped someone. He did not agree with the system of charging, and he remembered a number of cases in which exorbitant payments destroying human life.

Comment

You will let us know when you get approached for the film rights won't you ?

Comment

The attached is from a Subject Access Request made to RBS Group about 2 years ago. It goes through the process from investigation, interview and dismissal. I would add that the last entry is a lie as I spoke to no one at NatWest on 17.2.209.

Here is a list of the abbreviations that I can provide(the one's I know).

MOS Member of Staff(or me)
              LM Line Manager
              S&F Security and Fraud
              CSO Customer Services Officer
              RI Risk investigator
              CRM Case referral Manager
              GS&F Group Security and Fraud
              COB Close of Business
              BM Branch Manager
              NB Initials of disciplinary manager.

Just to add one bit further. I hope you can compare the interviews given with the factual basis and that other journalists gain an insight into how to protect your sources by seeing how you can get caught. I think the docs do show how much I assumed they knew and that I was more of a donkey at the end then perhaps has been reported. I knew the game was up the minute that I was taken into a room to be interview by two guys from Group Investigations.

Comment

5 years ago i worked for YES CAR CREDIT and helped the BBC with their whistleblower investigation, got their investigator a job and fed them lots of info... even went to help with the final editing of the programme.......

some times you have to stand up for what is right and decent ... even if it costs you your job...( i lost mine also)

respect to you foer what you did

Comment

Well, I think secretly we are all not wanting to sit in the back of the bus and want to stand up for what is right.

I applaud you for your actions!

Comment

Originally posted by Geneve View Post
                    Well, I think secretly we are all not wanting to sit in the back of the bus and want to stand up for what is right.

I applaud you for your actions!
                    Or stay sitting down, like Rosa Parks!
                    & look what that led to...................!!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

a whole movement

Comment

Having just found this I would also like to say thank you everything that you did and continue to do. I hope that you are now settled financially.

Comment

Michael Robinson is on this morning on Radio 4FM with a program called Fixing Broken Britain at 12pm.
                          http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ldg5v

The link above is about the program. I was interviewed by Michael a few weeks ago for the program and it will be part of the program today. This is the first of 4 programs and I would urge all of you between Olympic coverage to listen to it. They are repeating it on Wednesday at 3pm if you miss today's program or you can catch it on BBC Iplayer at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ing_Episode_1/
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Wow, just read this post. I used to work for NatWest up until 6 months and got sacked for Gross Misconduct as well! (a lot of it about it seems). Unfortunately in my case, it wasn't for anything as noble as you were doing. I got into financial difficulty starting about 10 years ago when my wife got MS and had to give up work very quickly. Took out what NatWest refers to as a 'hardship loan' to consolidate borrowings I'd built up since then which had 6 conditions attached to it. Met 5 1/2 of the conditions and was suspended and dismissed following an investigation.

Presently awaiting an unfair dismissal tribunal to be held in just over a month's time on the basis that I was sacked for dishonesty. My argument is I did that best I could, and was motivated by the need to do what was right, just the same as you my friend. Solicitor seems to think that the entire process was cooked up to get rid of me, which I suspect was the same with your good self. Good grounds for unfair dismissal though so the next few weeks might be interesting.

Top and bottom of it is, NatWest like all the other Banks are full of good people and the majority of people in branches dealing with the public do their utmost to help people when inside they're often suffering themselves. Management are only interested in themselves, and feathering their own nests. How many folks on here agree that the govt might be as well buy up the remaining shares in public ownership and nationalise RBS completely?

Anyway, good luck with your career going forward. NatWest is a much poorer place without you. Well done for having the guts to do what you did.

Comment

Crowie, I was sacked totally and completely fairly. They tried to do a few things that they knew that they could not do in the disciplinary process and I told them so which meant that the process was fair. They sent the evidence that they would use 3 days before the date of disciplinary to the WRONG address so that cost them a further days pay. They sent my P45 to the WRONG address afterwards as well but the SAR(see below) had a photocopy of my P45 which is the only time I have seen it. It cost them postage for copies of final payslip as well which they sent to the WRONG address. They were incompetent then and a number of people involved at the time have moved sideways now.....

Crowie, one piece of advice from one who knows: Spend £10 postal order and send a subject access request letter and make sure you tell them that you were a member of NatWest and you want your HR File......you'll be amazed what is in there

I did that when I had been sacked, lol!
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I have no doubt whatsoever on the score mate - although I think ignorance is bliss for the moment until I get my FSA approval once again. Might be a really useful exercise prior to the tribunal though. Thanks for the heads-up

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X