• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vauxhall finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    Regarding the GAP insurance:
    This is a policy issued to you, which the finance company have paid on your behalf.
    Only you can cancel it, and obtain any return of premium which may be due.
    Not all insurers allow a return on cancellation of this type of policy.
    This is the one instance in which the finance company are probably correct in claiming the insurance is a separate contract, altho' I am aware others have different opinions!
    I am leaning more towards Des' point of view. I think initially you could argue that they are one and the same as a starting point, but assuming Vauxhall have put the agreement together, they could be deemed separate contracts. that should not mean however, that Vauxhall have the right to accelerate the payments for the GAP insurance. I am assuming you only gave notice to terminate the contract and not the GAP too, so they shoulnd't have treated the GAP arrangement as terminated. You might want to check this link and see my post #10 for more info.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Letters

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-20 12_07_02-Start.png
Views:	1
Size:	440.5 KB
ID:	1450381
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Rest...
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

After the threads yesterday I’ve received a final response letter stating I must pay the £87.62 for the collection service and which is posted above. I have replied to them stating I will pay the gap insurance but I believe they are wrong in asking me to pay for them to collect their vehicle. I have also stated that I am under no obligation to sign any further documentation as I have already informed them in writing of my intention to Voluntary Terminate my agreement. The vehicle is parked at my address and I have taken time stamped pictures to prove the condition. I have given them until the 6/3/2019 to collect the vehicle and I will wait until then to take my next step.

Everything I read about Vaxhaull suggested I’d be in for a fight and I have no problem in keeping it up! The funny thing is, it was one of thier sales people from St Helens who told me about VT, before that conversation I had no idea it was an option

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post

I am leaning more towards Des' point of view. I think initially you could argue that they are one and the same as a starting point, but assuming Vauxhall have put the agreement together, they could be deemed separate contracts. that should not mean however, that Vauxhall have the right to accelerate the payments for the GAP insurance. I am assuming you only gave notice to terminate the contract and not the GAP too, so they shoulnd't have treated the GAP arrangement as terminated. You might want to check this link and see my post #10 for more info.
            I didn’t know about the GAP it was added without my consent. But stupidly I signed it with out reading the document. I won’t make the same mistake twice!

I see what you’re saying though I think it’s a fight for a different day

Comment

Curiosity got the better of me and I drove the car to Manchester to the auction house. I’m waiting for the inspection to be completed. The car is in good condition for its age so I’m sure I won’t need to pull out the CAP check list yet!

Comment

Hi guys need help if I could. (SORRY TO JUMP IN)

I've been paying a debt for a car that I bought on HP over 10 years ago. Long story but I was conned and fell hook line and sinker. Anyways I've been paying every month a small amount to appease Vauxhall and I've now received the attached documentation. So may I ask.....

Do i need to change payment through my bank ?

Is this alowed ?

Will they now contact me to ask for more ?

Is there a chance of getting rid of them ie sending prove it letter and hope they never collated the original documentation ?

Many thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X