• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form for Penalty Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was no windscreen notice... the area in question is manned by cameras. The first notice they claim to have sent is a PCN to the registered keeper via post... the second is a final notice.

Comment

Edit
      You will have to wait for the SAR response to see the postal NtK.

If that's defective, their only other recourse is to claim common law contract breach.
      & to do that they need to ID & claim against the driver, not the RK.

Have you filed your defence yet?
      If not, what is the issue date on the court claim?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Will they definitely respond to my SAR request or do I need to pay to obtain that... I didn't understand their response on that?

I've not filed a defence yet... the issue date is February 12th, 2019.

Comment

No, you do not have to pay.
          That would only apply in exceptional circumstances.

Defence needs to be filed 33 days from the issue date.
          In your case that falls on a Sunday, so Monday !8th March latest.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Okay thanks. What should I be submitting as my defence?

The way I see it I have three options...

1/ The fact that the first receipt of any PCN was the Court Claim Form sent to me.

2/ That the reason for exceeding the time limit unknowingly was because of sickness to a child and taking care of its needs prior to taking charge of a vehicle on the road. To ignore the needs of the child would be 1) neglectful parenting 2) risking being a danger on the road due to concern of the child's welfare when driving.

3/ A combination of both of the above as the defence.

Comment

I've also just received this through the post today... is this them just trying to flex their muscles and threaten me more?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin9 View Post
                I've also just received this through the post today... is this them just trying to flex their muscles and threaten me more?
                Yes, just them trying to apply psychological pressure, hoping you'll capitulate.
                Could come in useful in an emergency, I suppose!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2e/c1...6bf0e3df3c.jpg

What is the date of posting on the actual Notice to Keeper? (Not the final notice.)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I never actually received a NTK from them but on the copy they have sent me it is dated as being issued on July 5th, 2017 with the alleged offence taking place on June 28th, 2017.

Comment

So you entered through ANPR at 11:53 & exited 14:07?

My tiny noddle makes that 2hrs 10 mins (Edit: 14 mins......)

See 'Grace Periods' in the relevant BPA CoP page 9

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/wri...update_V6..pdf

13 Grace periods

13.1 Your approach to parking management must allow a driver who enters your car park but decides not to park, to leave the car park within a reasonable period without having their vehicle issued with a parking charge notice.

13.2 You should allow the driver a reasonable ‘grace period’ in which to decide if they are going to stay or go. If the driver is on your land without permission you should still allow them a grace period to read your signs and leave before you take enforcement action.

13.3 You should be prepared to tell us the specific grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is.

13.4You should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave the private car park after the parking contract has ended, before you take enforcement action. If the location is one where parking is normally permitted, the Grace Period at the end of the parking period should be a minimum of 10 minutes.
                    Last edited by charitynjw; 15th March 2019, 17:01:PM.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

7 mins after 2 from 7 mins before 12 is 2 hrs 14 mins xxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        7 mins after 2 from 7 mins before 12 is 2 hrs 14 mins xxx
                        There's always one, ain't there!

Makes no difference, grace periods still applicable. (Phew!)
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Forgive me but I'm a little confused... if the minimum grace period is 10 minutes but they are claiming we were 14 minutes over that - where do I stand?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin9 View Post
                            Forgive me but I'm a little confused... if the minimum grace period is 10 minutes but they are claiming we were 14 minutes over that - where do I stand?
                            !0 mins to exit (13.4), plus a 'reasonable' grace period at the start (13.2 in the CoP)
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Okay that's great, so I get a grace period before we park and upon leaving... so effectively at least 20 minutes "grace" total?

When should I insert my defence to the Claim Form and can you help me with the relevant wording etc please? As per my post above... I'm not clear what my defence should be... the fact I haven't received the PCN in the first place, the illness of the child delaying exit or both together as a defence.

Comment

Both.

I'll have a check back on the thread to see if anything else leaps out!
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X