• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before claim PRAC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter before claim PRAC

Could someone help please so in jan this year received a letter from PRAC/ Bw legal about a debt I allegedly owe for £850 so I sent off the usual prove it letters and email and they replied with we will investigate, your account is on hold ect ect ( I have kept all these and have never admitted liability)
    fast forward to now and I have not heard a thing since no statement of account, no default nothing until yesterday when I get a email from bw legal stating it a notice before action
    how can they take me to court if they have failed to provide me any evidence of the debt belonging to me
    I even checked my credit file and it’s on there but listed as satisfied
    I did some time ago set up reduced payments to some of my creditors which I settled so I think I could of paid this so hence why I asked for proof of the debt ect
    what do I do I really don’t want this to go to court if I can help it
    many thanks
    Tags: None

It’s also due to statute barred in Feb 2020 !!

Comment

That it is coming up on the 6 years will be why they are threatening court now. Although if you have indeed been paying token payments then, unless there was a clear 6 year break in those,or the last one was over 6 years ago, it won't be statute barred. The 6 years runs from last payment.

You need to respond to the letter before claim using the reply form.

Use the reply form to say you don't know if you owe the debt and require more information, then ask for documents... full transactions list, agreement, default notice and notice of assignment.

Also send, separately, a formal CCA request with a £1.

And get a SAR off to the original creditor to check what you actually had paid before they sold the debt on.
      Links

Pre-Action Letters

CCA Request

Subject Access Request Letter (SAR)

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X