• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before action bank -smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. The Judge ruled that you hadn't cancelled ( with the sweary email ) and that's why they deemed you weren't liable for the cancellation charges.

I think for now say to them these claims have not been cancelled and request an update on the current status of each case.

At the same time send a SAR yourself to each of the lenders asking for any comms between themselves and any third party relating to your accounts. I suspect the PPI claims are dead anyway as you didnt have PPI - so once you get confirmation of that from the lenders you can inform banksmart those cases are concluded ( as opposed to cancelled - therefore they cannot charge you under their terms )

It will mean more bloody paperwork and potentially resigning letters of authority for the default charge cases ( although you never asked them to undertake default charges so we can ask them about that first )

its not ideal but it should get rid of the 'invoices' and court threat while the FCA sort out investigating the twats- while we're writing stuff we should put a complaint together for the FCA to add to their investigation file - EXC what do you reckon ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi , welcome back hope you had a nice holiday ,we have a letter coming back from creation on the subject access thingy this will hopefully show where the £130 and £230 payments from them to us went to ,we are hoping it went to b/S which would mean they took us to court on money they already had if not at least we can recoup the cost on the last court fees as that debt doesn’t exist I . I still haven’t got this forum thing right I keep posting but I think I’m posting myself haha because no replies come ?

Comment

It looks fine, I think it's just quiet at the moment....

seems likely that the £130 and £230 payments went towards paying off the account. The SAR should be interesting though with regards that pesky CCJ and charging order they obtained .... and the letter stating they were writing that debt off ..... should mean you can then ask them to remove the charging order. The CCJ has already fallen off your file so that's not an issue anymore but you could do with having the CO removed. ANd of course if those refunds went to paying off the debt, that is written off according to that letter to BS, then those refunds should come to you instead.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Actually, paperwork says it did go to paying off the debt, the £130 at least - will go through see what else there is.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-31 11_52_29-Start.png
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1468592
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

This the main one

Name:	2019-05-31 11_54_25-Start.png
Size:	413.9 KB
ID:	1468598

This says you paid £1698.... we know what happened there, bloody scammers @ Land of Leather...

Name:	2019-05-31 11_53_55-Start.png
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	1468597

And this says they'll accept that £1698 in settlement ( nice of them ) becuase you were only a coupe days late. It also says there was an overpayment of £240 ( guessing thats the £230 ) so it wasn't a refund of charges or ppi or anything, it was an overpayment where you'd made a couple payments after the cock up with the run over loan dates. So where did that go, and did BS ever accept that offer, and thus have the £1700 written off ( and the charging order expunged) or did they simply ignore the letter do nothing and charge you commission.

SAR will be interesting anyway.

For now you could have a look on Land Registry and see if that charge is still against the house, then you know if you need to have an argument to have it removed.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Great work amethyst I will get on to it ,and let you have the subject access request for creation , I just seen your first post at 8.07 and yes to all that a lot of work todo but great ideas , we are still dubious about signing more LOA S because they will sign us up to the latest T&C , the judge said that in court because they tried to push new ones through in the last court with the judge and b/S solicitor, but it was not sent to us ? , not that we understand them in the first place

Comment

Amethyst I have sent the creation SAR that I recieved to your email as it had content that was personal if I put it on legalbeagles ok

Comment

Cool thanks I'll take a look xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

That does show they made the relevant adjustments indicated in their letter to Bank Smart - the refund of the PPI element ( that had been paid ) to the account and then the write off of the £1700 odd due to the slightly late payment. So no they don't owe yu any money, however if the charge is still showing on your house you now want to be asking Creation to remove it - they were the original claimants with Drydens acting I believe? so they are the charge holders and no longer have an interest in the charge. We can get on with doing that now regardless of the bank smart crap.

Was that everything they sent under the SAR? Nothing relating to their communications about your account with bank smart ? If not, as it looks like they've decided you're after PPI , we should go back and say AHEM we want everything you hold about us, not just a couple selected bits to do with PPI.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok amethyst thanks , so we need to contact creation to get the charge removed , and ask for all correspondence between them and bank smart , if the creation account has now been dealt with by the courts and creation don’t owe us any money is there a reason to be chasing more information from them or have I just asked a silly question

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X