• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before action bank -smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter before action bank -smart

Hi we have had another threatening letter from bank smart just 2 weeks after settling our last court appearance with them ,
    they tried doing the cancellation and breach of contract on us but the just looked at the t&c and said we either had to write or email bank smart asking to cancel specifically and bank smart tried to use an angry email I sent them with lots of swearing in it but the judge decided to go our way , bank smart also tried to slip a new t&c through the courts and the judge and their solicitor had a copy but we were not sent one (sneaky) the last court was for £1200 and we had to pay £434 and £185 was cost which bank smart had already paid so I think with the cost of solicited for bank smart for 1day they must have made a loss ,
    anyway with the following copy of our recent letter you will see that the same cancellation and breach thing is being carried through again using the email as the cancellation part but I suppose it’s up to the individual judge to what he perceives as cancellation the t&c 4.5 I think it’s states it can only be done by actually asking it to be cancelled in writing or email . Hope this is understandable anyways here follows the copy thanks . Oops can’t send the photo
    Tags: @exc

Post the photo on an external hosting site, imgur for example, and link to it on here.

Comment

Hi I’m sorry but I don’t understand how to do that I can email photos ?

Comment

Amythst has a copy of the same dated 18 October 2018 which I sent by email ,

Comment

I tried the imgur app and could not get my document sent , there must be an easier way it only a picture ?

Comment

Comment

Does anybody have any ideas on how to reply to this letter ,like I have mentioned before we have not cancelled any of these claims , we have refused to sign any further LOA letters from them as they change their t&c to suit them , I can’t understand why they are allowed to con people like this ?

Comment

Do I need to ask bank smart for anything and try to sort this out before court papers come ?

Comment

Does nobody answer on this anymore ?

Comment

If they have already sued you what was the outcome of that case? If they lost then they cannot restart a new claim for the same debt, such claims would be an abuse of process and would be open to a strike out application.

I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thank you pt the case we just went through had 4 different claims in it the 2 claims which the judge ruled against were small but had 4 years of interest and because we lost those 2 we had to pay court fees £185 so bank smart got just £249 out of us from the £434 we paid so the other 2claims on that court case were for cancellation and breach of contract on which the judge went our way after reading the terms and conditions which specifically said claims had to be cancelled by email or letter stating that we are cancelling, bank smart tried to use a letter that I sent them with all the swearing in it (which you know about because you gave that reason why my case would fail in a email we discussed this case on in February) so that part of bank smarts claim was thrown out which saved us a lot of money , amethyst did all the hard work on the defence for that court claim and you told me it was not up to scratch and you would have to start the defence all over again and it would take you so many hours and it would cost us thousands do you remember ?, so we couldn’t afford you and used amethyst defence which was brilliant , she is amazing so my question is that the remaining claims which are separate from the above and there are 20-25 more cases because bank smart split the claims from ppi to multi claims using the same Loa S letters of authority to make way for lots of court claims against us and this is and was bank smarts intention from the start that’s why there are so many people going through hell with them , if they did their jobs right like most ppi firms do then it would be a simple no win no claim , this way bank smart can make thousands of £££ where they would only get 20 % from each claims the smart brothers are crooks and there is little protection from them , the courts go by facts and in our particular case there is so much confusion as to what claims are what when they have been split in to multi claims so confusion all the way , and our way out is using helpful sites like these to help us through it , or go through company’s like yours and spend as much if not more on defence than the case against us is worth , so I’m sticking with legalbeagles and amethyst and her gang , we can’t afford you pt

Comment

So what should we do ? Ignore their letter and wait for court papers to arrive ?

Comment

This discussion is not going very well it may be that I have not explained our position very clearly please tell me or ask for more information maybe I am in the wrong part of the forum?

Comment

We will wait for court papers then

Comment

Morning Phil xxx

Just having a read back to see what's happening
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X