• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kearns letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kearns letter of claim

Good Morning Beagles,

Apologies, starting a new thread, I think I've been posting in the wrong place!

Following on from a previous thread with you,

I received a letter of claim in November of last year and returned the form in good time, asking for an extra 30 days and requesting details, documents, cca, etc. I stated that I "didn't know if I owed the debt"

The returned letter for was acknowledged by Kearns, saying the documents would be sent in due course.

I am now at the end of the 30 day extension. Should I wait for the documents to come through (which I assume they don't have) or am I obliged to write to them, "denying" the alleged debt.

Help would be greatly appreciated,
    ​​​​​​​thanks, Milky
    Tags: None

You're not obliged to write to them but it may be a good idea to remind them you responded to their letter of claim asking for documents but that none have yet been forthcoming - referencing their previous letter to you.

I'd also send a SAR to the original creditor of the debt they are chasing to satisfy yourself as to the details of the debt - as it may come in useful further along.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the advice given,

After 8 long months, I've just received from Kearns the documentation I requested. The clock starts ticking again, I have 30 days to reply, yes?

I find myself caught between a rock and a hard place. The alleged debt will be statute barred, I believe in late October.

Kearns has provided what could be a photocopy of an original agreement/ application from 2003. Most, but not all is legible. Amongst other docs docs is original t&C's which are illegible.

This has been a marathon with the stress of it that clings like a barnacle.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

illegible documents copies are unenforceable, does the document you have show all the prescribed terms? and is it a true copy of an aledged original CCA1974 as pre 2007 applications have to be. If not they are trying to be clever so do not panic.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response.
            I will check for that, would you have a link as to any examples of this that I can compare, please

Possibly more critically, I was also sent a copy of Mercer's original default notice dated June 2013. I overlooked it previously because I was so engrossed with the other documents I assumed it would be statute barred this October as stated on my Experian credit file. Which date can I work to? Please tell me it's already statute barred
            Thanks

Comment

Please, can anyone help. I feel like I'm so close to getting to the end of this nightmare
              thanks

Comment

Mercers didn't own the debt so couldn't issue a default notice - if you could you post up a copy of that, and the agreement pls. ( email if you can't get it on the post admin@legalbeagles.info )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The default notice ran out on 13 July 2013 so if no payment was made that would be the date they could have called in the full amount and not just arrears, thus the cause of action. The only place you got October from was your credit file wasnt it? or did they plead the default was Oct ?

I only got the agreement front page and Mercers default notice on email - second email didn't have any docs attached so you might need to resend.

The DN does have Barclays address on ( pt2537 was it ruled Mercer's could issue default notices in the end ? ) - was there a second page to it though as there's no mention of the OFT documents nor half the prescribed content ( see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...chedule/2/made )

The agreement looks ok enough but obviously incomplete and the teeny amount of text on there likely refers to the terms and conditions which they will need to have provided too - and be legible so likely a recon required.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C2CCBF1C-CF42-4EC1-94D2-301C9EDAE2E3.png
Views:	1
Size:	780.9 KB
ID:	1483176
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you - ok yes those seem to be the terms from when you signed the agreement and contain the prescribed terms - they are readable and any illegibility could be resolved by providing a recon.

They have also provided the varied terms.

Attached Files
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Default notice - yes there is a second page

Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

The October date is the date of assignment - not the default date.

Attached Files
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

So question is whether you acknowledged the debt before end of June and whether the Mercer's default notice is compliant ... pt2537
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Milkybarkid View Post
                            Good Morning Beagles,

Apologies, starting a new thread, I think I've been posting in the wrong place!

Following on from a previous thread with you,

I received a letter of claim in November of last year and returned the form in good time, asking for an extra 30 days and requesting details, documents, cca, etc. I stated that I "didn't know if I owed the debt"

The returned letter for was acknowledged by Kearns, saying the documents would be sent in due course.

I am now at the end of the 30 day extension. Should I wait for the documents to come through (which I assume they don't have) or am I obliged to write to them, "denying" the alleged debt.

Help would be greatly appreciated,
                            ​​​​​​​thanks, Milky
                            Did you keep a copy of your reply ? ( ie could this be classed as acknowledgement )
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

By that, do you mean, "did I acknowledge the letter from Mercer's? "The answer would be no.
                              From memory, the only letter I have acknowledged was the letter of claim from Kearns.
                              Hopefully you have all the documents now that I've sent.
                              Sorry for delay, I'm away from home right now. I will be back home at the weekend
                              Thanks for your help and advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X