• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell County Claim form recieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell County Claim form recieved

Hi folks..

I've had this claim form come through the post ( from Lowell solicitors ) stating that i owe £259 , (Total £335 inc legal & court fees ) from an old (2009) TalkTalk internet account. We had this for about 9 months before we left them due to them unable to provide a service, and poor service basically. So we left and they agree'd , so waved our early termination fee.

Now jump to 2018, we have moved (Dec 2015), and only today recieved a letter from lowell,asking for the money with no other letters or requests known to us untill now!

Their choice of court is County courts Business centre Northampton, of which ive read somewhere will auto favor lowell in default due to no requests from the likes of myself or their other victims. I also have a claim number and password to.

Ive checked my credit file and no ccjs or corrections etc are on my file!

So any help on where we stand or what the next step would be a great help

Thanks all.

nigel
    Tags: None

Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim

CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

Hi

if ive done it correctly, then my new date should be the 18th of october 2018, once ive completed the AOS.

I'll get on with the rest and keep the post updated.

Thanks
      Last edited by Keyholder81; 20th September 2018, 13:00:PM. Reason: edit - rewording.

Comment

defend all

Comment

date for which you have to respond without getting default judgement? Amethyst

Comment

Thanks, i assume that would be within 14 days should i have not requested an AOS

Comment

I'd put your acknowledgement of service in now if you haven't already - what date was the claim issued? Defence is due 33 days after the date of issue IF you acknowledge within 14 days.

As well as sending the CPR rquest to the Claimant I would send a Subject Access Request directly to Talk Talk - Subject Access Request Letter

to hopefully find out what happened with the account and why it has gone to a default/termination and been sold on when they informed you it had been cancelled. It will hopefully get information that can later help you with your defence. Do you have any copies of letters, emails etc from at the time ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Yeah i sent an AOS in yesterday via the moneyclaim site, so at least ive extended my time, issue date was the 17th.

Im going to try and dig out paperwork and see what ive got and see if it helps.

Nationaldebt helpline stated that, because the debt hasnt been acknowledged nor has anything been paid towards it in over 6 years the that debt should be statue barred, and that no companys should be pursuing this debt. Lowells recieved it on 26/2/2015, we left talktalk in 2009.

I'm a stat stuck on this part on the cpr 31.14 form, so any light shed on the matter would be greatly recieved....

For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to your client with the statutory fee of £1 today, xx/xx/xxxx.

What do i include with it .. :-/ And will the £1 be automatically added to their fee's ?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X