• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON* Received court claim from Bryan Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Received court claim from Bryan Carter..... help please

Originally posted by aaroncaz View Post
    Received a letter today from Bryan Carter,

" We enclose a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire.

The claimant is prepared to settle this matter outside of court and look forward to hearing from you regarding negotiations."

(In the questionnaire they agree to mediation)

What does this mean please?
    Just their standard response to every defended claim, a last ditch attempt at trying to get people to pay up before they are made to come up with the paperwork their clients are not likely to be able to obtain.

I always say these letters should be filed under 'C'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Agree to mediation, it is expected that the parties to a claim will attempt
      to reach a solution without a hearing.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Agree to mediation, it is expected that the parties to a claim will attempt
        to reach a solution without a hearing.
        Aaroncaz had agreed to mediation but it couldn't go ahead for the usual reasons (lack of documents, re-quoted below). This is just Carter's generic template letter asking people to contact them, nothing to do with the mediation team.
        Many thanks to all, just one more question..... when can I expect a call from the mediation team? I presume when I get it, it will take us over the 28 days lowell had to provide the documents.
        Me again! Mediation comes before a court case? So if there is no documents for mediation, then there is no mediation so therefore no court case? Or does it have to go to court to be chucked out? Unless Lowell do it first? Sorry to be dim.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          Aaroncaz had agreed to mediation but it couldn't go ahead for the usual reasons (lack of documents, re-quoted below). This is just Carter's generic template letter asking people to contact them, nothing to do with the mediation team.
          DQ is hardly a " Carter generic template".

nem

Comment

I have agreed to mediation and am waiting on the mediation ppl to get in touch with me, i sent my questoinnaire last week to both the court and Carter.

Comment

Just had a call from the mediation people, told the lady I didn't have the documents and she said this case wasn't suitable for mediation and it would be transferred to my local court but the judge could still send it to mediation.(she also hinted at them most of the time not providing documents)

Comment

xx Well done.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  xx Well done.

Have I scored a victory?

Received a letter today, Notice of transfer of proceedings.

Comment

Have I scored a victory?

Received a letter today, Notice of transfer of proceedings.
                    The claim is now allocated to your local court to continue the process.

nem

Comment

lol, yes, mediation is a pain in the bum.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi I received today from Bryan Carters statements from my account with aqua from 21 June 2007 to 21June 2012 and a copy of Credit Card Agreement. What happens now please.

Comment

They have not sent these :

• The notice of assignment
                          • The default notice

Comment

Hi I received today from Bryan Carters statements from my account with aqua from 21 June 2007 to 21June 2012 and a copy of Credit Card Agreement. What happens now please.
                            Good morning can we see a redacted copy of the agreement please?

nem

Comment

Sorry what do you mean?

Cannot scan anything to laptop.

Comment

Sorry what do you mean?

Cannot scan anything to laptop.
                                I'll as [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] to help!
                                :notworking2"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X