• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global/ MBNA Court hearing - WON !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global/ MBNA Court hearing

Sorry. It's a supplementary witness statement. Thanks for the notes. I am aware of this case and will be using it as I remember it was ukmail they sent it by.

The statement says that the defendant has failed again to make any specific assertions to advance his submissions for documentation under section 78 and in relation to the default notice. They say that they have given me all the documentation and are asking for the defense to be struck out. It's the documentation that they have supplied is defective which I will use in my defense.

i haven't the time to compile or serve a response. I expect they will also use the lateness of the skeleton agruement as part of their defence. They'll ignore the fact their solicitor was late by 30 minutes. I understood that the skeleton agruement is the basics so that the judge can follow, with the main detail heard on court.

Does not seem fair I have to supply one on the opposition does not. Not exactly equal footing in court and goes against the principles of justice and fair hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by roygoodbeat View Post
      Sorry. It's a supplementary witness statement. Thanks for the notes. I am aware of this case and will be using it as I remember it was ukmail they sent it by.

The statement says that the defendant has failed again to make any specific assertions to advance his submissions for documentation under section 78 and in relation to the default notice. They say that they have given me all the documentation and are asking for the defense to be struck out. It's the documentation that they have supplied is defective which I will use in my defense.

i haven't the time to compile or serve a response. I expect they will also use the lateness of the skeleton agruement as part of their defence. They'll ignore the fact their solicitor was late by 30 minutes. I understood that the skeleton agruement is the basics so that the judge can follow, with the main detail heard on court.

Does not seem fair I have to supply one on the opposition does not. Not exactly equal footing in court and goes against the principles of justice and fair hearing.
      do you want a copy of the statement?
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Yes please

Comment

you have mail
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Wanted to thank everyone for their support and help. Was in court yesterday and won with costs.

To summarise:

Section 78 request was found premature by the judge as arrow global and mbna failed to produce t&c's from the old bank of Scotland account. I pointed out that the mbna t&c's originally sent with my request failed to show the correct aprs and failed to mention this was a promotional card designed to give a percentage back to bha FC.
            > The default notice was found to be defective as it asked for full amount, not the arrears to remedy the situation. The service was found to be good as ukmail guarantees delivery within two days, including Saturdays.
            > Took almost 2.5 hours but for once had a good judge. He did allow the solicitor to make calls to arrow global to clarify what had been sent.
            > In court they did try to get it adjourned but the judge declined this. They claimed that I hadn't been specific enough in my arguments in the witness/ defence and skeleton arguments. I did point out that I had mentioned bank of Scotland several times and that I had pointed out the sum requested was defective.
            > They are allowed to appeal by 10 jan.
            > Outside the court the solicitor said well done and thought it unlikely they would appeal.
            Hopefully this is the last of it...

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the summary.

Comment

Well done. x

Comment

Its all a game?

Comment

arrow global and mbna failed to produce t&c's from the old bank of Scotland account.

mbna t&c's originally sent with my request failed to show the correct aprs, failed to mention this was a promotional card designed to give a percentage back to bha FC.

default notice was found to be defective as it asked for full amount, not the arrears to remedy the situation.

Highlighted the main bits as I see it.

Superb work, well done Really pleased for you.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Congratulations Roy, absolutely delighted for you.
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Great to see a LIP winning a UE case in court! :high5: :high5: :high5:

Goes to show it can be done! :whoo:

Comment

Congratulations... :yo:

Comment

Thanks everyone. To be fair, had a good judge who listened.

Comment

Was in court yesterday and won with costs.
                              That's brilliant news I love it when a LIP wins in court.

Thank you so much for your summary of the arguments you put forward which the DJ accepted and the one he rejected on the DN service. That didn't really matter in the end because the DN was defective so who cares when it arrived

The very good news is that Arrow was ordered to pay the legal costs so be sure to make your bill as big as possible within the spirit of the rules. Ask on here if you need help with that too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X