• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Discontinued ** Failure to comply with CCA on 1982 opened account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** Discontinued ** Failure to comply with CCA on 1982 opened account

Hi - hoping that I can begin to get out from the horrible debt problems I face. Court Summons three weeks ago forced me finally to wake up, pull my head up from out of the sand and try to keep my life in one piece without being drowned by my debt chasers!
    Tags: None

The Court Claim is for a credit card debt .... an account that was apparently opened in 1982! I am 3 years away from the Limitation Act option. I've asked the Court online for the extra 14 days, sent a CCA 1974 to the Claimant and a CPR 31.14 to the Claimant's solicitor. What gets me is that I didn't get a pre-action protocol warning letter ..... I thought that all credit card debt claims should start with the pre-action protocol documents?

Comment

Is there anything I can or should do with not getting any pre-action protocol documents? Can I ask for more time?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
        The Court Claim is for a credit card debt .... an account that was apparently opened in 1982! I am 3 years away from the Limitation Act option. I've asked the Court online for the extra 14 days, sent a CCA 1974 to the Claimant and a CPR 31.14 to the Claimant's solicitor. What gets me is that I didn't get a pre-action protocol warning letter ..... I thought that all credit card debt claims should start with the pre-action protocol documents?
        The Claimants solicitor should have sent you a compliant Letter Before Action, your focus should now be to defend the claim and the letter not being sent will form part of any discussion about unreasonable conduct later on.

Good luck to them finding a credit agreement from 36 years ago.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

1982? this could be very interesting case?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            1982? this could be very interesting case?
            Indeed, I’m only a year older than this credit agreement. Haha
            COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Court Summons three weeks ago forced me finally to wake up

Have you filed a Defence to this claim yet?

I can’t see the Claim Issue Date posted on your thread but the deadline is 33 days from that date since you say that you filed an Acknowledgment of Service stating that you intend to defend all of the claim.

If you need help with your next step you only have to ask.

Di

Comment

I put in a defence to the Court case and made a Subject Action Request to the original credit card company.

Unbelievably the plaintiff's solicitor withdrew the case against me because they couldn't produce the original credit card agreement!

Almost £10k no longer being pursued ..... although the debt's still there, of course.

That's almost 10% of my old debts .... hope much of the other 90%+ end up going the same way.

Comment

How can I move this thread to "COURT CASES - CONCLUDED" please?Â* I'm more than happy to share a success story to give hope to others in a similar situation!

Comment

AmethystÂ*

Comment

How can I move this thread to "COURT CASES - CONCLUDED" please?Â* I'm more than happy to share a success story to give hope to others in a similar situation!
                      I'll move it there for you

It likely might assist others a little more if you name the original lender, the claimant and say what you had submitted as your defence and what letters you had sent to the claimant.Â* But yes it always gives others a boost to see others cases get discontinued Â* I've amended the title a little anyway.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X