• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

In court tomorrow.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In court tomorrow.

As the title, I have a small claims hearing tomorrow and I am fairly confident of my arguments however I'm a little unsure of what I need to take with me.

I've read about taking three copies of things that I intend to use, myself the opposition and the judge but when it comes to a copy of the CCA for example do I need to print off the whole thing or just the relevant section?
    Tags: None

Re: In court tomorrow.

For legislation then you should be okay with the relevant sections - probably s.77-79, s.61 etc. and highlight the parts you need to refer to.

I'll find your other posts and see what the hearing is for.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...BNA-AK-summons ??
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Have a look at any Directions that may have been made, you are normally expected to file and serve before the hearing, rather than take stuff with you on the day.

Comment

Thats the one.

They have turned up some docs but CCA is illegible. The NOA has come from the new company and not sent from the old one and certainly not sent recorded. First sale was during the time to rectify of the DN which I have a SAR report showing.

Comment

And did you submit documents to rely on and witness statements 14 days before the hearing ? (were they ordered?)
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              And did you submit documents to rely on and witness statements 14 days before the hearing ? (were they ordered?)
              Just rereading the order, should have submitted 13 days ago....

Comment

Oopsy.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Might be worth a quick call to the court to check the hearing is going ahead. You could email over docs today (before 4) if you are wanting to put a Witness Statement in.

Presumably you have received nothing from the claimants either ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Recieved there witness statement

Comment

Ok in that case I'd recommend getting at least something in, to court and over to the claimant, as else you'll be going in trying to bring up points which havent been pleaded at all, unless you did put legibility etc issues in your defence ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Agree with Amethyst. (bit late, sorry).

As any docs you intend to rely on have not been filed/served in accordance with Directions, the court may refuse to permit you to use them.

However, DJs in the small claims track take a more relaxed view of the CPR than elsewhere and you are a LiP so you may be OK.

If you got them there before 4 you are in with a much better chance given that the court won't do anything with them until tomorrow in any event. The other side could cry foul though and the judge would have to deal with any objection by them and consider whether they had been prejudiced.

Comment

Toffee Man won today as Bryan Carter didn't show up, so all is not lost don't worry. He'd not sent a WS or documents either. (I do think he was lucky and got a good judge so fingers crossed you get the same)
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for the tips, just completed and emailed a WS after speaking to the court and also emailed to AK. The court clerk said turn up in plenty of time and I should be able to hand my bundle to the usher (busy printing now).
                            Fingers crossed...must learn to read stuff in more time...

Comment

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X