• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot - Shoosmith letters help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot - Shoosmith letters help

Hi looking for some advice on some letters I have from Cabot financial and shoosmiths asked for cca 3 years ago through my local citizens advice guy no response until now with the cca not sure what to do now thanks
    Tags: None

Did you ask for the agreement after receiving a court claim or just debt collection letters ?

Do you know when you last paid or defaulted on the debt ?

What was the original debt, and how much approx ?*
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Received court claim 3 years ago 3 months before statue barred asked for credit agreement n proof only sent me the stuff last week default notice agreement and default notice don’t no weather to set up payment plan agreement is in my name but signed by my known name don’t no if this matters or just clutching at straws here in Scotland also thanks for quick reply*

Comment

Shoosmith acting on behalf of Cabot and debt is 4800

Comment

Do you know the current status of the claim with the court ? The Scottish system is a little different to ours so I'm not sure whether the claim is put on hold or struck out when a claimant doesn't engage with the process.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst* *I’m his partner. When he got court forms through and date to attend. We challenged them for the cca. They got back saying they will put a short continuation to the court until they find the documents. So hence 3 years 9months later they have now came to us with the documents now threatening to continue court proceedings? We think it was a bit sneaky applying to the court 3 months before it would have been statute barred knowing fine well they didn’t have the correct evidence and it’s taken them this long.*

Comment

So has the case been sisted (sleeping) for over 3 years until now? If so it would be very interesting to see what documents have been produced because in my experience often it is nowhere near to being good enough.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X