• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scotland Cabot 21 day SCD letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland Cabot 21 day SCD letter

Hi, I have received a letter with red writing on the envelope from Cabot advising that I have 21 days remaining from 18/12 threatening my account to be passed to solicitors for a 'letter before action' looking for a SCD (sheriffs* court decree) my current balance is 1199.48 however they state this will go up.

I bought something from overclockers in 2015 on Hitachi finance for 650gbp but lost my job and couldnt pay. I haven't responded to a single letter or phone call in the last 3 years about any debt. I'm wondering what my options are?
    Tags: None

As this is quite a recent debt it is likely they will take it to the courts for a decree as the documents will be readily available. You should send a formal CCA request https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/.for a copy of the agreement and a request for a full breakdown of the debt ( sounds like it was a very high interest rate or there's been quite a few charges added) but to avoid court action negotiating a settlement is likely to be the most sensible option. You could ask for the info now and when it arrives negotiate settling ( at a discount) in full or by affordable instalments. When you write ask them to put the account on hold while you receive and check the documents.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So the 21 days ends tomorrow and I haven't sent a CCA yet, should I phone them today and ask to settle for say £800? Or just send a letter and await a response.

Comment

Send the CCA asap, but as Amethyst says, it is highly likely to compliant. The breakdown of how the debt grew could be useful information for negotiations.
        The next step will be the receipt of an LBA from Cabot's Solicitors, then a court claim potentially.
        If you are able to make a Full & Final settlement, then you could start lower than £800. If you need to do a payment plan it is likely to be higher amount to settle.*

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X