• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial Statute Barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIKE770*Amethyst*I received a letter this morning form Cabot saying.They received my request for CCA letter on the 27/12/2019 but according to the post office it was signed for on the 13/12/2019,they also say they could not process it because I did not provided a £1 postal order to which I no for a fact that I did,shall I just send another one or is it to late because I've submitted my defence.

Comment

Did you Keep copies of payment and recorded delivery receipt?

Comment

Their problem* you have post office date. No reminding them

Comment

Keep copy of their letter on file

Comment

Yes I have receipt of the postal order i purchase and I have a print of the signature from Cabot the day they signed for the letter.Also received a letter from the court saying about my defence and that Cabot have 28 days to reply

Comment

See what happens their move next or case gets stayed no reminding them

Comment

Thanks Mike you've been a great help well all involved have,I'll keep posting when I here anything and keep reading other post for my next moves.Thanks*

Comment

MIKE770Amethystjust an update,received a letter this morning form Mortimer Clarke Solicitors basically saying that they received my defence and referred it to their client(Cabot) for comment and "This may take some time for the client to go back to the original creditor for information and/or documentation to respond to my defence.In the meantime, the matter has been placed on hold and no further action will be taken.Should I expect to hear something from the court or will it just be put on hold for how ever long?I've checked MCOL and no mention/changers to that as of yet.

Comment

await instructions from the court, only a court can put a case on hold, not Mortimer's office desk.*

once they received your defence then they have 28 days to respond or case get laid up (Stayed) and they would have to apply and pay court to unstay. * so a waiting game for now<>?

Comment

Oh right I think there 28 days is up on around the 3/4 of Feb,I'll just keep checking my MCOL for now then, I'll keep you posted and Thanks.

Comment

If not Heard day a few days after then ring the court for update

Comment

Hi all, just a update had time to phone the court today to find out whats happening with the claim,they informed that the claim is Stayed. So fingers crossed i don't here anymore from them,all the court said was to give them another ring or email them in another 4/6 weeks if i don't here from Cabot.

Comment

well up to them now case stayed, do nothing unless you hear from the court, let sleeping dogs die. do not awaken then now or future unless they move!

Comment

Don't worry I wont mate, I'm just going to save all my paper work just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by podjohn View Post
                                Don't worry I wont mate, I'm just going to save all my paper work just in case.
                                yes! always file in date order!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X