• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - this making me feel Suicidal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I’m really really worried. I have not had anything from court before. I thought after all this time they would go away. I have checked the mobile number on the letter through internet and cannot find anything. I’m scared of ringing the court incase it’s genuine . The stress is making me ill. Every time there is a knock at the door I think it’s the bailiffs. What can I do to make this all go away ? I cannot afford to pay them I’ve asked for the SAR because the statement they sent me to supposedly prove I’d made payments in the last 10 years which was fake. I cannot believe the levels these people sink to. They are so devious.

Comment

You will not find anything searching for the phone number as that will be the Bailiffs/Process Server personal number. If you ignore this there are other steps they can take so would urge you to make contact with them. I also note you have sent your SAR to Mortimer Clark but it should have gone to Cabot themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnytime View Post
        Now I’m really really worried. I have not had anything from court before. I thought after all this time they would go away. I have checked the mobile number on the letter through internet and cannot find anything. I’m scared of ringing the court incase it’s genuine . The stress is making me ill. Every time there is a knock at the door I think it’s the bailiffs. What can I do to make this all go away ? I cannot afford to pay them I’ve asked for the SAR because the statement they sent me to supposedly prove I’d made payments in the last 10 years which was fake. I cannot believe the levels these people sink to. They are so devious.
        Ok thank you. I’ll send it to Cabot

Comment

Now received letter from a company called Search Squad , coincidence or what ? Are they working for Cabot too ? These odious people never give up !

Comment

[QUOTE=Amethyst;n1490311]I can't believe their letters are that threatening either, do you have a copy of what they have sent you threatening prison ? We don't have debtors prison... the only way for things to get to a Prison threat would be if they got a judgment, then an order for questionning to court that you don't attend... and then it just never happens.. and by the sound of it you don't even have a judgment against you as yet ?

Please can you do some pictures of what you have received and send it to me - admin@legalbeagles.info - hopefully we'll be able to set your mind at rest and help you get this sorted out. Please try not to worry xxx

There is a court claim issued and you have entered a defence saying it is statute barred already ? Or has it gone to a default judgment and they are trying to enforce by an application to court ? ( as I say, if you can do some pics of the latest letters and anything you're concerned about hopefully we'll be able to sort out what's what and get things sorted with you xxx )

Have you told Cabot in writing about your health and financial issues?

I hope you don’t mind me contacting me again and tacking it to this earlier post butI have heard from Mortimer Clarke yet again.

I have heard from them yet again. I feel sick thinking about this. Now they are threatening me with other ways to contact me. What shall I do ? Shall I return letter stating not known at this address ? Will they send someone to my home ? I’m really scared. I haven’t taken a credit card out or made any payments to one for at least 12 years. Why are they chasing me over this now ! This is their latest letter.

Comment

FIRSTLY HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND KEEP SAFE
              THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT ON THIS SITE

Please can anyone help me further. Cabot Financial are still sending me threatening letters regarding a Vanquis credit card which goes back over 12 years ago. They just don’t give up and now they have found my email address so they email me and send me letters. I have no idea how they got my email address. Please can you help me put a stop to this company once and for all . It’s really making me I’ll and I feel sick if there’s a knock at the door or my phone rings... I think it’s them. I am now not sleeping well. Please please please can someone help me. I need to get rid of them for once and for all. They said they were taking me to court , nothing happened. They informed me they took me to court and registered CCJ but they didn’t. They lie and scheme and I don’t know what way to turn. Please please can someone help me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Check if any CCJ on line at registry trust site then come back

Comment

No ccj registered

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnytime View Post
                    Thanks so much for coming back to me. Cabot wrote to me to say that Mortimer Clarke had returned the case to them. No mention of the £1 postal order I sent for info. Cabot were requesting my personal details so I sent them the statue Barr letter as I sent to Mortimer. Today someone came to my door. They did not ring the bell they just left a scruffy envelope with a letter inside . It really looks fake but scares me as it says it’s from a bailiff. I don’t know what to do. It must have something to do with this but it all seems so moody. I’ll try and post picture.
                    Cabot are Mortimer Clarke

Comment

I have read on another website that Cabot Financial are the owners of Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X