• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - this making me feel Suicidal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the info. I definitely didn’t make the payment they were suggesting I paid. How do I get proof of this ? I have asked them but they ignore this. Also where does it say when I opened account ? This would NOT have been opened in 2015. I left my job in 2010 and am permanently disabled. The court NEVER wrote to me. Just letter from this awful company. I cannot have any CCJs registered as I have never been notified of any. I think this company are deceiving me. I truly believe they bought the debt from
    Vanquis and *are now using every tactic possible to get money out of me. If the Court dismissed it as they say they did why are they still chasing me for an old debt. They are yet to actually prove to me that the debt is NOT statue Barr. I have received no proof of this , just their word for it. I have heard this company uses every means available to them to get money. I do not want my doctor knowing my business so do not want to give them his details. Finances are personal. Likewise filing it their forms for my personal information on income and expenditure. I will however fill in the income and expenditure letter and send them a covering letter. Any further help and advice you can give would be appreciated. I have no real income , just PIP and income support. Thanks again*

Comment

2019, 00:24:AM
      Also I sent them a letter with a postal order for £1 requesting details of the claim and proof of the account and non payment and this has been ignored. It makes me suspicious. If it was genuine then they should have no trouble providing the information.*

Comment

You can ask your GP to write a letter stating your health issues.He does not need to know the details of the debt.

Your income and expenditure sheet will just show your PIP and UC/IS. Rent/Food etc.

The account was opened in 2010 and closed (defaulted) in 2015. As there is a judgment in place they have no obligation to comply with your CCA £1 request.

Have you actually checked your credit file or register that there is a CCJ ? The easiest way is to look on a free credit file app like Credit Karma / MSE Credit Club under Rulings / Court Judgments sections.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi mike checked credit file and there is no mention of CCJ.*
          Attached Files

Comment

It won't show on the individual account - on credit karma if you scroll right down nearly to the bottom there's a section for public information ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	3084EB65-8E8C-4C34-95FD-363CFEFC99D1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	1511992
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Otherwise you can ring the court ( though not sure if you have the claim number?) or you can check on trustonline but there's a small fee for doing that.*
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Check credit report in full and only Cabot financial listed. There is definitely no record of any county court judgements or any court at all. Are Cabot just trying their luck to get me to pay ? Why should I send them details of my income / expenditure ? How can I get rid of them ?*

Comment

CCJs drop off file 6 years Eng/wales 5 years Scotland,* check CCJ register

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    CCJs drop off file 6 years Eng/wales 5 years Scotland, check CCJ register
                    Why are they still chasing me for an old debt

Comment

Although it drops off your Credit File the debt still exists. A CCJ once awarded never becomes Statute Barred if not paid. However if they have not enforced the debt in those 6 years they need to go back to Court to ask permission to do so - not often granted although there are a handful that have been, mostly for those coming back from abroad. The reason they still chase you is to hope you know nothing of this and will just pay up.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                        Although it drops off your Credit File the debt still exists. A CCJ once awarded never becomes Statute Barred if not paid. However if they have not enforced the debt in those 6 years they need to go back to Court to ask permission to do so - not often granted although there are a handful that have been, mostly for those coming back from abroad. The reason they still chase you is to hope you know nothing of this and will just pay up.
                        How would you suggest I reply to them if I hear from them again.? I don’t think I should complete an income and expenditure form for them. I have never seen proof of any CCJ and cannot find one registered. I know for a fact they are lying when they said I made a payment to the credit card 5 years ago. I haven’t made any payments for over 11 years. I don’t deal with my finances. My partner took over from me when I became ill 11 years ago. Should I just ignore them now.*

Comment

[QUOTE=Sunnytime;n1517140]

How would you suggest I reply to them if I hear from them again.? I don’t think I should complete an income and expenditure form for them. I have never seen proof of any CCJ and cannot find one registered. I know for a fact they are lying when they said I made a payment to the credit card 5 years ago. I haven’t made any payments for over 11 years. I don’t deal with my finances. My partner took over from me when I became ill 11 years ago. Should I just ignore them now.[/QUOTE

Comment

if they suggest a payment made = tell them to :- state who made a payment? * cheques or other, account from? date? account made from and name of payer? * only a court can ask for I&E,* see what other state, there has been a spate of these letters from companies with old CCJ as they know they need a very good excuse in front of a judge as to why they have not chased for over 6 years =+

Comment

Thank you everyone for bring so helpful. I feel much better about this. My best wishes to all and please keep safe and coronavirus free. *

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnytime View Post
                                Thanks for help. I sent them a letter with a postal order for £1 requesting details of the claim and proof of the account and non payment etc and now they seem to have backed off. All of a sudden instead of the court hearing I am told case has been referred back to the company that they say I owe money to. It makes me think it was a lie all the time and this company of solicitors were threatening me with lies and there was no official court hearing.
                                It all went very quiet and I have not heard from Mortimer Clarke until today . I asked them to prove I had made payments to the credit card account and they have sent a letter with was with a vague headed paper letter from Vanquis Bank stating the last time I made a payment was on 9th February 2015. They have sent me the attached but it doesn’t show the alleged amount of payments. It’s all very very strange. Please can you have a look at what they sent me. I’d be grateful for your comments. I really don’t remember making these payments.
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X