• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dismissed Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    Dear Sirs

Your visits to my property are both unwelcome and distressing. I do not wish to discuss any matters with your agents on my doorstep.

Should your agents continue to attend my home they will be treated as trespassers and removed accordingly, with reasonable force if necessary or with the police attendance. Further, any such visits will be noted and will be made subject to an application to the Court under s140A Consumer Credit Act 1974 on the basis that they amount to harassment, and therefore an unfair relationship. Should you be unsure of the legal position on this point i refer you to Harrison v Link Financial Limited which confirms that s140A CCA does extend to harassment.

Something like that should do the trick all you need to tell them really is to Friar Tuck Off
    Thanks,

Should I mentioned the case details ans the fact that it was dismissed?

M...

Comment

Yes, i would, it added to the case of harassment in my opinion, they knew their claim was dead as a dodo yet still harass you at the door.
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks again. I guess my understanding was they're had 21 days to appeal - but didn't do it is indeed like a Python Parrot?

There's a difference isn't there between Dismissed and Struck Out and Set Aside?

Comment

Originally posted by myotai View Post
          Thanks again. I guess my understanding was they're had 21 days to appeal - but didn't do it is indeed like a Python Parrot?

There's a difference isn't there between Dismissed and Struck Out and Set Aside?

Stop the drama. Write & tell them to get lost. Then just sit back & chill.

Comment

Haha! I intend to GBExile but I want to make sure there isn't something I need to be concerned about. Simps question, Dismissed is Dismissed....done...finished....gone to bed....

Right?

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Write to Cabot and tell them the claim was dismissed ( give them claim number and date and whether it was dismissed at hearing etc ) and to call off Resolve-call, that you consider it harassment and that if they continue you shall consider making a complaint to the FOS and/or taking legal action against them.
              I'd still do this, send the letter PT suggested to resolvecall, and tell Cabot they lost and to stop bugging you.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X