• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors ccj claim please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alizzzz View Post
    Dear All,

@AMETHYST and @jaguarsuk

I just wanna say Thank you to all of you who pointed me at the right direction, i couldn't do it without you all.

quick update.. i haven't heard back from Mortimer Clark solicitors since their reply that they haven't got any of the information that i requested. I phoned the court three times since then and they said that they haven't heard back from Mortimer Clark Solicitors and that the case is on hold at the moment. I'm not sure what to do next if i do need to do anything at all or just leave it.
    The claim is stayed now and they would have to apply to lift that stay if they source the documents.

You can also apply to lift the stay and have the claim dismissed, but there is a cost in doing that and you run the risk that if they get the documents before the hearing to do it that a costs order could be made against you for being unsuccessful.

Have you sent an SAR to the original lender and what has that turned up?

Because if they can't provide the agreement in the SAR the chances of the claimant getting it are zero, so you could be more confident in applying for summary judgement potentially. Or you can invite them to discontinue on the grounds that you won't cite unreasonable conduct in filing a claim without have the necessary documents to win that claim and thus won't pursue them for your costs to date.

It all really depends on what you know about the information available t them.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

jaguarsuk
      Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I haven't sent an SAR to the original lender because to my understanding they're no longer existed. Therefore, am not sure who to send it to.

For the time being I think I'll just wait and see

Thanks once again

Comment

Originally posted by alizzzz View Post
        jaguarsuk
        Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I haven't sent an SAR to the original lender because to my understanding they're no longer existed. Therefore, am not sure who to send it to.

For the time being I think I'll just wait and see

Thanks once again
        Even better, if they don't exist the chances of them getting documents are slim.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

My dearest saviours,

18 months later, Mortimer Clarke solicitors has responded to my defence and Im anxious and desperate for your help please.
          they provided me with a copy of:

Reconstituted agreement
          Terms and conditions
          Transaction data from the bank
          Screenshot of default data
          and notice of assignment.
          They stated that they are not able to provide a copy of the original credit agreement.

and they made me an offer to settle outside court within 30 days

please can someone help/advice on what to do next..
          Thank you in advance for your valuable time and life saving help.

Aliz

Comment

My dearest saviours Amethyst and @jaguarsuk

18 months later, Mortimer Clarke solicitors has responded to my defence and I’m anxious and desperate for your help please.
            they provided me with a copy of:

Reconstituted agreement
            Terms and conditions
            Transaction data from the bank
            Screenshot of default data
            and notice of assignment.
            They stated that they are not able to provide a copy of the original credit agreement.

and they made me an offer to settle outside court within 30 days

please can someone help/advice on what to do next..
            Thank you in advance for your valuable time and life saving help.

Aliz

Comment

Okay, so I'd like to see the screenshot of default data because they are obliged to evidence issue of one and it complied with CCA 1974, it is shows an issue date of a letter titled "0013_COLLTRS" I'm gonna go insane, honestly.

Well we'd like to see it all, so if you can upload it with personal information removed we can look at what they have really sent you.

Comment

Dear jaguarsuk

Thank you for taking the time to help me I really appreciate it, I took pictures and then convert them to PDF and uploaded all 7 of them.

please let me know if theyre not clear or if you are having any problem viewing them.

Once again thank you.
                aliz[
                Last edited by alizzzz; 24th November 2019, 09:56:AM.

Comment

Dear jaguarsuk

Thank you for taking the time to help me I really appreciate it, I took pictures and then convert them to PDF and uploaded all 7 of them.

please let me know if theyre not clear or if you are having any problem viewing them.

Once again thank you.
                  aliz
                  Attached Files

Comment

Okay you haven't shown a copy of the notice of assignment they say they enclosed dates 17/11/2017.

We need to see all pages of the terms not just one.

You need to post a copy of the defence or else we can't see what their replying to.

It's great that they haven't got a copy of the default notice, how can the court determine it complied with s.88 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 if they can't see it? Answer, they can't.

At this stage they are not doing anything and until I've seen the above I can't advise how to respond.

Comment

Dear jaguarsukhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/u493efgnk5...lizzz.pdf?dl=0

Good evening and I hope youre well, did you get a chance to view the link?

thank you for your time and your help

Comment

I don't have access to drop box I'm afraid, perhaps someone else can view them and advise you accordingly. Amethyst ?

Comment

Is it a reduced settlement offer? installments outside of court so the claim remains on hold while you pay?

This was a Lloyds bank credit card originally wasn't it?* Any idea if you applied for it originally online or on paper ?

Whats the date of the agreement?

Date of default ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ahhhh missed this page...

ok a 20% discount ( think you could probably do a bit better than that if you wanted to settle before they apply to lift stay - but depends if you can do a F&F lump sum or would have to be monthly installments)

Default notice Sept 2014 - no copy of the default notice just the system notes. But simple enough for them to provide a 'template' DN. Final demand sent a month later which would scan correctly for dates. Is it on credit file as defaulted in Oct 2014?
                            Seems to have gone to debt collection in Feb 2015 then sold to Cabot in Sept 2017.
                            Notice of assignment in Nov 2017.

Opened account in April 2013
                            Seems likely they are the right terms as they do refer to the OFT rather than the FCA ( it changed April 2014 ).
                            They can be recon terms. The address is correct I assume.
                            Full statements throughout the life of the account. No PPI or Card protection issues.

Balance of probablities they'll get the CCJ if they lift the stay and proceed.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

jaguarsuk

this is the bit of the screenshot page

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshotdefault.png Views:	1 Size:	322.5 KB ID:	1501366
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Balance of probablities they'll get the CCJ if they lift the stay and proceed.
                                It probably in your best interest to negotiate the best settlement you can and settle.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X