• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors/ Cabot financial/ lloyds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons Solicitors/ Cabot financial/ lloyds

Hi people, would really value some help here as it seems I have made a miss step dealing with an Old account...

I received a letter from Restons solicitors on 04/12 threatening a court action (attachment 1) in response I sent a CCA request (signed for) - which was ignored.

on the 21/1/16 I received a CCJ claim form from the county court business center in Northampton (received on the 21/1/16 (attachment 2) I acknowledged the claim online on the 26/1 and sent a CPR letter recorded delivery to restons (attachment 3) I believe this is where I made the error - as I have mentioned default notice when there has been no mention of the default on the CCJ claim..

today I received attachment 4 back from restons..

please can someone help me out of this pickle, I am way out of my league here and would really appreciate some direction of how to handle this

thanks so much
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Restons Solicitors/ Cabot financial/ lloyds

Originally posted by tazmansoor View Post
    Hi people, would really value some help here as it seems I have made a miss step dealing with an Old account...

I received a letter from Restons solicitors on 04/12 threatening a court action (attachment 1) in response I sent a CCA request (signed for) - which was ignored.

on the 21/1/16 I received a CCJ claim form from the county court business center in Northampton (received on the 21/1/16 (attachment 2) I acknowledged the claim online on the 26/1 and sent a CPR letter recorded delivery to restons (attachment 3) I believe this is where I made the error - as I have mentioned default notice when there has been no mention of the default on the CCJ claim..

today I received attachment 4 back from restons..

please can someone help me out of this pickle, I am way out of my league here and would really appreciate some direction of how to handle this

thanks so much
    Standard replies Taz.

Remind me please is this in regard to a bank account?

I have to go off line now but will be back tomorrow am.

nem

Comment

thanks Nemesis - this is with regards to a credit card account which defaulted in 2011 according to my credit file - although I have never received the default notice.

Comment

thanks Nemesis - this is with regards to a credit card account which defaulted in 2011 according to my credit file - although I have never received the default notice.
        Hello Taz. responding to your PM.
        Has there been a response to the CCA request from Cabot.
        I see a response from Cabot re CPR 31.14 but no a CCA request.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Taz. responding to your PM.
        Has there been a response to the CCA request from Cabot.
        I see a response from Cabot re CPR 31.14 but no a CCA request.

nem

Comment

Nemesis - nothing at all back from Cabot only the solicitors.

Comment

Nemesis - nothing at all back from Cabot only the solicitors.
            You have sent a CCA request + £1 fee to Cabot???

nem

Comment

yes indeedy - same day as I wrote to the solicitors. they signed for it on the 28/1/16

Comment

yes indeedy - same day as I wrote to the solicitors. they signed for it on the 28/1/16
                That's good no agreement no enforcement until they have it.

Restons can huff & puff all they want, as long as you follow the court
                process and directions keeping us up to date on developments we
                should be OK!

Start having a look at some of the threads with defences so you get
                an idea of content and format then we can get moving on that.

nem

Comment

thanks nem, really appreciate the help here. I've had a look at plenty of threads - will give it a few more days to see if I hear from Cabot - if not ill draft a defense over the weekend. would you reply to the last restons letter in my situation? if so - what should I be requesting?

Comment

thanks nem, really appreciate the help here. I've had a look at plenty of threads - will give it a few more days to see if I hear from Cabot - if not ill draft a defense over the weekend. would you reply to the last restons letter in my situation? if so - what should I be requesting?
                    No Taz, Restons will stick to their templates!

It's a point that goes into the defence to show a judge just how cooperative they are!

nem

Comment

They are really getting very sparse with their POCs, aren't they?

How long will it be before we see "Gimme money!"?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

you guys are awesome, really in awe with how welcoming and helpful everyone seems to be - want to donate to the site in appreciation of the help so far - I don't suppose you would consider accepting Bitcoins as payment would you??

Comment

you guys are awesome, really in awe with how welcoming and helpful everyone seems to be - want to donate to the site in appreciation of the help so far - I don't suppose you would consider accepting Bitcoins as payment would you??
                          [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] an inquiry for you nemx

Comment

ooo far too modern for me... paypal is about as up to date as we get
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X