• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unknown CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unknown CCJ

Originally posted by lpd79 View Post
    Im not sure it did say that. It was from a template Nemesis sent me.

Am i just going to have to suck this up and start paying?
    Personally I would not consider any payment until it is clear what this debt is.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Personally I would not consider any payment until it is clear what this debt is.

nem
      Thanks for all your help with this Nem.

How would i proceed though, as i have the letter from Lowells solicitors mentioning baliffs, attachment of earnings etc?

Comment

Thanks for all your help with this Nem.

How would i proceed though, as i have the letter from Lowells solicitors mentioning baliffs, attachment of earnings etc?
        Ahh the Lowell we might , we could we may do xxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you don't do as you are told letter!
        Lets go back over this:

1. Unknown CCJ.

2. It's Lowell as the claimant.

3. You did not receive any court documents ( Claim Pack)?

4. You have been in contact with Lowell and they don't have an account which matches that on the CCJ?

5. Why How has Lowell issued a claim for an account that they don't have.?

OR is this just one giant F' UP by Bryan the Brain Carter which Lowell " solicitors are now perpetuating.

Comment

Ahh the Lowell we might , we could we may do xxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you don't do as you are told letter!
          Lets go back over this:

1. Unknown CCJ.

2. It's Lowell as the claimant.

3. You did not receive any court documents ( Claim Pack)?

4. You have been in contact with Lowell and they don't have an account which matches that on the CCJ?

5. Why How has Lowell issued a claim for an account that they don't have.?

OR is this just one giant F' UP by Bryan the Brain Carter which Lowell " solicitors are now perpetuating.
          I thought it would be easy for them to do any of them now they have a CCJ in place?

1. Unknown CCJ. - I know what its for now, but is at least 10 year old and not for 6k

2. It's Lowell as the claimant. - Yes

3. You did not receive any court documents ( Claim Pack)? - No as technically i hadn't updated my address as i believed this was statute barred

4. You have been in contact with Lowell and they don't have an account which matches that on the CCJ? - So they say

5. Why How has Lowell issued a claim for an account that they don't have.? - Not sure but the CCJ definitley shows on my credit profile!

Im so annoyed and upset with myself over this.

Comment

I thought it would be easy for them to do any of them now they have a CCJ in place?

1. Unknown CCJ. - I know what its for now, but is at least 10 year old and not for 6k

2. It's Lowell as the claimant. - Yes

3. You did not receive any court documents ( Claim Pack)? - No as technically i hadn't updated my address as i believed this was statute barred

4. You have been in contact with Lowell and they don't have an account which matches that on the CCJ? - So they say

5. Why How has Lowell issued a claim for an account that they don't have.? - Not sure but the CCJ definitley shows on my credit profile!

Im so annoyed and upset with myself over this.
            You're not alone lpd.

I've been without internet on and off for 2 days so playing catchup here.

Please save ne going through 90+ posts when was the last payment /acknowledgment of the debt? Could it have been statute barred on the date the claim was issued?

nem

Comment

You're not alone lpd.

I've been without internet on and off for 2 days so playing catchup here.

Please save ne going through 90+ posts when was the last payment /acknowledgment of the debt? Could it have been statute barred on the date the claim was issued?

nem
              In all honesty im not sure when the last payment was. I was paying £1 to a debt a few years back but not sure if it was this, but even that would be close to 6 years. The debt is at least 10 years old.

I have spoken to Bryan Carters on the phone since it was issued, as thats when they offered me 50% off.

I just dont want baliffs turning up at my door when my kids are home, or them to contact my place of work.

Comment

In all honesty im not sure when the last payment was. I was paying £1 to a debt a few years back but not sure if it was this, but even that would be close to 6 years. The debt is at least 10 years old.

I have spoken to Bryan Carters on the phone since it was issued, as thats when they offered me 50% off.

I just dont want baliffs turning up at my door when my kids are home, or them to contact my place of work.
                Bump if anyone has any more advice.

Comment

Hello [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

I have had another letter, again from Lowell solicitors.

Says i am now £550 in arrears and i need to pay these asap to bring the account up to date.

Should i just start paying this at the requested £50 a month? CCJ is for 6k although original loan was only around 4k.

This has been making me ill the last few month, i cant believe ive let this happen after sorting the rest of my finances out. I would of bloody replied if id received the papers.

Any more advice or do i just need to start paying this at £50pm?

Thank You

Comment

Hello @nemesis45

I have had another letter, again from Lowell solicitors.

Says i am now £550 in arrears and i need to pay these asap to bring the account up to date.

Should i just start paying this at the requested £50 a month? CCJ is for 6k although original loan was only around 4k.

This has been making me ill the last few month, i cant believe ive let this happen after sorting the rest of my finances out. I would of bloody replied if id received the papers.

Any more advice or do i just need to start paying this at £50pm?

Thank You
                    Hello Ipd,.
                    Yes you should start paying the £50.00 now. TBH I thought you had started payments, can you meet the arrears or offer an increased payment>

Are you not now considering set aside?

nem

Comment

• Re: Unknown CCJ

I didnt go ahead with the set aside as every where i read says if you havent told them about an address change then its your fault. But i didnt tell them as i thought all my debts were statute barred, so didnt have to tell them.

Comment

Also one last question, after 6 years the CCJ drops off my credit file but at that point it wont be paid off? What would happen in regards to a mortgage application? Would i need to declare the debt, or would it not be know about?

Comment

Also one last question, after 6 years the CCJ drops off my credit file but at that point it wont be paid off? What would happen in regards to a mortgage application? Would i need to declare the debt, or would it not be know about?
                          As you no doubt are aware the mortgage application " questionnaires " are at present very searching questions such as "have you had a CCJ in the past x years" some ask for info going back 5-6 years, but what maybe required when your CCJ comes off the records is to say the least unpredictable at this point.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X