• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - lowell / orange - 29-10-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - lowell / orange - 29-10-2015

Originally posted by pandapowley View Post
    Hi nem,i've now done that,saved passwords.What now? Just wait?
    Yep now it's time to think on the defence, 33 days from the date of issue of the claim, we need
    to see the full Particulars of the Claim either scan and post here or type in verbatim
    without any personal identifiers then we can see what approach is needed.

nem

Comment

Heres the form I received

- - - Updated - - -

Amended. Yes the phone was broken and with 3 months left in the contract, they were adamant that I had to pay for a phone that they wouldnt repair or replace

Last edited by pandapowley; 5th November 2015, 16:46:PM. Reason: details

Comment

Ok Please edit out the claim number on the N1.
        So we have a broken phone and an uncooperative Orange which
        would not either end the contract or repair / change the phone correct?

nem

Comment

I fixed the post above, thank you. but yes, the phone was completely unfunctional, they didnt offer to replace or repair, even for a fee

Comment

I have received a second letter stating that I have 7 days to pay the £237.69 or they will send bailiffs to my house, what can I do?

Comment

You acknowledged the claim when you logged into Moneyclaim online and ticked intend to defend in full didn't you - from reading back it sounds like you did and that MCOL might have been playing silly burgers. Give the court a call, as it sounds like they have obtained a default judgment against you, which, as it is only just coming up to the date your defence is due, would have to be from not acknowledging the claim.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by pandapowley View Post
                I have received a second letter stating that I have 7 days to pay the £237.69 or they will send bailiffs to my house, what can I do?
                Panda can we see the letter please?

nem

Comment

Sure, Here you go

Comment

Hi that's a very misleading letter, they do not yet have judgement!

Did you acknowledge the service of the claim?
                    Did you state intention to defend the claim? Bump for [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] as I'm just
                    going out for the evening.

nem

Comment

ffs. That is slightly out of order. Cohen Cramer have history with debt collection http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...499994.article

That needs replying to. They cannot be instructed to enter judgment against you as you have not missed your defence date ( although from reading back can you please check that your acknowledgment of service did go through correctly - you should still be able to log in on Moneyclaim online and it should give you a defence date - which should be between now and 1st December ) Let us know if that is all okay and we can respond to Cohen Cramer about their rather presumptuous letter.

Then you need to get your defence sorted out. So let's have a look at that.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

ok, assuming all is okay with your acknowledgment of service, I've had a look back through your thread and it doesn't seem you have a huge defence, although you haven't been given any evidence of the debt and you did have a dispute on the contract with the breaking down of your phone.

Options wise -

You could defend on the basis that you don't have information, the account was in dispute and you haven't had any further contact with Orange since that dispute back in 2010. You require copies of the agreement and terms and details of how the amount being claimed has been calculated and hope they can't be bothered to get hold of the details from Orange and just discontinue.

Or

you just enter an admission and offer to pay with your income and expenditure sheets - which would likely result in a CCJ with an installment order for something like £1 a week.

Or

you could negotiate directly with the claimant to pay it off - which would avoid the CCJ and damage to your credit file - which really depends how important that is and how burgered your credit file is already.

They don't know anything about you so the bailiff and attachment of earnings are simply empty threats aimed at scaring you into just paying up.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

turns out the button saying acknowledgement of service is still there, so im going to assume it didnt go through, can I still do it or is it too late?

Comment

I cannot get back into my money claim so i can not check,i cannot keep worrying about mum and all this as well so i emailed them [MENTION=19462]lucas[/MENTION]credit explaining how i would like to see how they got to this amount from a contract from 2010 that had 2months left for a broken phone,they got back to me saying as it's going to court i have to fill in the claim form and send it to the court,so i've done that today saying i'm on 30 a week,explain the amount,if they want to bully me for that amount i can only afford 4.00 a month,do you think this is ok,i just want it all over with,i cannot have balliffs coming to my mum.What happens now with this,does the judge read my side of the story?. thanks for being here for me.

Comment

[QUOTE=pandapowley;596926]I cannot get back into my money claim today to try acknowlege, I cannot keep worrying about mum and all this as well so i emailed them @lucascredit explaining how i would like to see how they got to this amount from a contract from 2010 that had 2months left for a broken phone,they got back to me saying as it's going to court i have to fill in the claim form and send it to the court,so i've done that today saying i'm on 30 a week,explain the amount,if they want to bully me for that amount i can only afford 4.00 a month,do you think this is ok,i just want it all over with,i cannot have balliffs coming to my mum.What happens now with this,does the judge read my side of the story?. How do i get to find out the outcome? thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X