• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Foxy v MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foxy v MBNA

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...es/part15#15.5

Agreement extending the period for filing a defence
    (1) The defendant and the claimant may agree that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by up to 28 days.
    (2) Where the defendant and the claimant agree to extend the period for filing a defence, the defendant must notify the court in writing.

Well you've done all that the rules require of you. The opponent knows you've agreed the extension. If they break that agreement they'll be in trouble as you'd report them to SRA and you'd make an application to the court which they'd suffer the expense of.

Having said that, it's not going to happen.

M1

Comment

What do you mean by 'it's not going to happen'? Do you expect MBNA to discontinue?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
        What do you mean by 'it's not going to happen'? Do you expect MBNA to discontinue?
        No, i expect that they will not apply for default judgement afetr having agreed to extend the period for filing a defence.

M1

Comment

Today I have received an email with 3 docs attached to it.

Credit Agreement
          Default Notice
          Notice of Assignment.

I will look at my paperwork when I get home from work to see how this matches up.

The credit agreement appears to be a little cut off piece from the bottom of a form - it has credit reference and credit limit on there. It is a really poor copy and very small.

Will try and post them up later when I have removed all my details.

Foxy
          Last edited by Foxyflugel; 14th April 2014, 19:32:PM.

Comment

I'm struggling as they have been sent in PDF format. How do I block my details out of a PDF document - been trying for the last hour. :help:

Comment

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/so...df-modify-pdf/

M1

Comment

I cheat, but I have a big monitor so I can.... I have the pdf page on screen, do a ctrl prtScrn, then paste to PAINT, crop it, then block out my details and save as a jpeg or png xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Foxyflugel View Post
                  Today I have received an email with 3 docs attached to it.

Credit Agreement
                  Default Notice
                  Notice of Assignment.

I will look at my paperwork when I get home from work to see how this matches up.

The credit agreement appears to be a little cut off piece from the bottom of a form - it has credit reference and credit limit on there. It is a really poor copy and very small.

Will try and post them up later when I have removed all my details.

Foxy
                  Did you receive anything back of your CCA request as well ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

I've just been looking through my docs from a few years ago and it would appear that it is actually Abbey not MBNA - I take it they are one and the same.

In 2010 I sent them a harrassment by telephone letter as it was getting unbearable.

Also in 2010 I sent a CCA request and they sent me exactly what they have sent me this time - I sent the letter back saying that it does not meet the requirements and is therefore unenforceable. I also put the account in dispute at the beginning of June 2010 and they defaulted me (and obviously sold the debt on) at the end of June 2010.

In the solicitors email she refers to the agreement as a 'signed credit card application'.

I have the other docs saved with the relevant details blanked out so will post those up as they are exactly the same.

Thanks

Comment

Comment

'I received a copy of, and agreed to be bound by, the Abbey credit card terms and conditions'...... did you ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Comment

Comment

The above docs have been sent as the agreement and the default notice is dated 7th July 2010 and gave me until 26th July to remedy it.

I will have to post the other docs tomorrow as I cannot blank the details out on my PC. The NOA and default notice.

Comment

To fully comply with the CCA they must give you the paragraphs 4 to 19 mentioned on the credit agreement.

However it does appear all the prescribed terms are present on the signed document.

The extra terms mentioned can be reconstructed.

Default notice sounds ok.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X