• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Foxy v MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foxy v MBNA

I've had the following reply from the solicitors:-

We can confirm this matter will be placed on hold until such time the requested documentation is provided to you. You will then have until Friday 2nd May 2014 to respond to the claim form.

Do I inform the court now?

Comment

That is utter crap. If they don't give you a date then make the application.

The rules are the rules whether it suits them or not. They do not get to make them up as they go along. I'd report that to the sra.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        That is utter crap. If they don't give you a date then make the application.

The rules are the rules whether it suits them or not. They do not get to make them up as they go along. I'd report that to the sra.

M1
        I requested a 28 day extension from what would have been my initial defence date..which was 2nd May..is this not them agreeing to the extension then??

I'm confused.

Foxy

Comment

I'd take it as an agreement to an extension myself and send a copy of that email to the court to say that an extension has been agreed between parties as allowed under the CPR to 2nd May 2014.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's not clear and i'd take no chances. Ask yourself this, why won't they send something that says " we agree to your request to extend the deadline for filing your defence until 2/514"

I don't trust them. You can if you want.

M1

Comment

Just for good measure I sent a clarification reponse to the email and they have sent back saying it is confirmation of an extension.

I have emailed copy of said email to the courts (I called the telephone number and the recorded message gave me their email address) and have received the following automated reply:- (My case has an 'A' prefix??) Is this the correct email address?? Thanks

Thank you for emailing the County Court Bulk Centre’s ‘ CCBC Defendants’ Email Account.
              When you send an email to the Court and your email requires a reply, we will;
              Dispatch a reply to your email usually within 5 but not later than 10 working days of receipt.
              (please do not re-send duplicate messages)
              The County Court Bulk Centre is a separate entity to Northampton Combined Court and therefore only deal with CCBC queries. We do not deal with Family, Probate or Bankruptcy matters.
              Please also note that we only deal with claims that have a prefix of X, Q or J. For all other claim numbers please contact the CCMCC -ccmcccustomerenquiries@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Comment

The email address for the Northampton Bulk Centre is ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/no...lk-centre/ccbc

Comment

Thanks FP - that is the one I sent it to - but was slightly concerned when I received the automated reply back - it says in blue that they only deal with cases with the prefixes X Q or J. :tinysmile_hmm_t2: Very confusing!!

Comment

Hi all

Still nothing!! I am correct in thinking I leave it until 10/11 days before my extended defence deadline and then do an application to the court?

This would make it about 21/22 April if I haven't received the documents.

Thanks in advance.

Foxy :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Might be an idea to give the court a quick call and check about this case number thing.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Foxyflugel View Post
                        Hi all

Still nothing!! I am correct in thinking I leave it until 10/11 days before my extended defence deadline and then do an application to the court?

This would make it about 21/22 April if I haven't received the documents.

Thanks in advance.

Foxy :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

:okay:

M1

Comment

Cheers M1.

Comment

Thanks Amethyst.

I have just called the court to check and they confirmed it was one of their cases. Whilst I was on the phone I mentioned the email I had sent and the woman said they are still processing correspondence from 28th March (email mine on 2/3rd April) and that if the claimant wanted to they could get judgement - whether they have the email or not!!

Is the purpose of advising the court just to keep them in the loop then? - if the above is true - so it reflects unfavourably on the claimant if they do break the agreement?

Comment

It's crap.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...es/part12#12.3

Conditions to be satisfied
                              (1) The claimant may obtain judgment in default of an acknowledgment of service only if –
                              (a) the defendant has not filed an acknowledgment of service or a defence to the claim (or any part of the claim); and
                              (b) the relevant time for doing so has expired.

As 15.5 allows the extension then clearly the relevant time for filing a defence has not expired.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 - my first defence deadline was 4th April though!

That is what worried me - how do they know that we've agreed the extension if nobody has addressed my email?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X