• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set aside default CCJ - incorrect address and likely statute barred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by name View Post

So the order will always be reviewed by a judge, because I'm a litigant in person. I'm thinking the claimant will probably consent to set aside under discretionary grounds, but not mandatory grounds because they insisted it was served at the last known address, despite evidence to the contrary. But I'm hoping the judge may read the witness statement and decide it's a mandatory set aside and the claim form needs to be served again. I can then challenge the courts jurisdiction when I acknowledge service.

Should I give them 2 weeks to reach agreement in a consent order, and then I'll apply to set aside the judgement without consent under CPR 13.2 mandatory grounds and challenge service?
    Will a judge see it as unreasonable that I insist the claimant agrees service wasn't validly effected on the consent order before I sign it?
    Will the costs of the frustrated consent application and application without consent be borne by the claimant if I'm successful?
    Can I convert one application into the other and just pay the fee difference?
    Should I give them 2 weeks to reach agreement in a consent order, and then I'll apply to set aside the judgement without consent under CPR 13.2 mandatory grounds and challenge service?

I take it they are aware that you are waiting for them to reach agreement?
    Haven't you already sent of the email / application / Witness Statement?

Will a judge see it as unreasonable that I insist the claimant agrees service wasn't validly effected on the consent order before I sign it?

Can't tell you what the Judge will think.

Will the costs of the frustrated consent application and application without consent be borne by the claimant if I'm successful?

Normally, yes, CPR needs to be followed, the Judge will look at various things to make a decision on that.

Can I convert one application into the other and just pay the fee difference?

No, not that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      I take it they are aware that you are waiting for them to reach agreement?
      Haven't you already sent of the email / application / Witness Statement?
      I sent them the court, but I haven't served them on the claimant yet

Comment

I sent them the court, but I haven't served them on the claimant yet
        O.K. your credit file should have all your addresses in recent times, correct?

Explain to your previous employer, they should have your correct address, but didn't, thus they have breached data protection principles and you are minded to lodge a complaint with the ICO.

Page 12 - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...e=pdf&patch=23

Have you sent your previous employer a Subject Access Request?

Comment

O.K. your credit file should have all your addresses in recent times, correct?

Explain to your previous employer, they should have your correct address, but didn't, thus they have breached data protection principles and you are minded to lodge a complaint with the ICO.

Page 12 - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...e=pdf&patch=23

Have you sent your previous employer a Subject Access Request?
          What should I ask them to provide in the subject access request?

Comment

What should I ask them to provide in the subject access request?
            Give them a date range, an employee number, evidence you seek from them to prove your case.
            Be 'general' as you can, but in a way that will get you the information you seek. Don't tell them why you want the information.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

Give them a date range, an employee number, evidence you seek from them to prove your case.
              Be 'general' as you can, but in a way that will get you the information you seek. Don't tell them why you want the information.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
              Thank you for that.

Following my application to set aside, I received an order from the business centre dated 27th of August that the deputy district judge read my application and ordered the claim to be sent to my home court and for the application to be listed for hearing (on notice) and served.

Is this as expected for CCJ set aside by consent?

Comment

Thank you for that.

Following my application to set aside, I received an order from the business centre dated 27th of August that the deputy district judge read my application and ordered the claim to be sent to my home court and for the application to be listed for hearing (on notice) and served.

Is this as expected for CCJ set aside by consent?
                Yes, that's what you wanted, so that you can make your case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X