• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell

Hi everyone,

I received a Court Claim letter today from Lowell.

I’m not 100% sure but I think it is for a loan that I took out with Avant Credit, who are no longer offering loans. I had a gambling addiction at the time and they gave me £500. I remember them trying to charge me different amounts, one minute it was £500 + £500 interest, then it would be something else in the next breath. I remember calling them and they were rude and would hang up on me when I tried to reason with them.

The claim is saying I now owe £777 and that I need to pay £100 per month, the first payment needs to be paid by 5th October 2022.

I live with my parents, I don’t own anything. I’m worried about what will happen next and I can’t really afford to pay £100 per month, and I don’t want to.

Is there anything I can do please??

Many thanks,
    Rich
    Tags: None

Hi Rich

Firstly try not to worry.

This isn't a priority debt, a Court will only ask you to pay what you can afford to pay, so if that's £1 a month, then so be it.

Who is this letter from? (I'm guessing Lowell's).

a) Send Lovell's a CCA request. They have 12 days to provide the agreement. Remember it's a loan that's s77. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

b) Send Avant Credit a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Keep on top of this.

Comment

CCA Request send with £1.00 postal order and get free proof posting from post office keep copy on file in date order

​​​​​​ Subject Access Request Letter NO CHARGE but get proof posting and keep copy

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        CCA Request send with £1.00 postal order and get free proof posting from post office keep copy on file in date order

​​​​​​ Subject Access Request Letter NO CHARGE but get proof posting and keep copy
        Thanks Mike, I knew there was something I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post

Thank you both, but where it says to write the name of the creditor, I don’t know for sure if it was Avant Credit??

Comment

Also I’ve never sent a postal order? I’m not sure what to do. Am I sending it to Overdale Solicitors or Lowell?

Comment

Before I send the SAR to Avant Credit, I need to know if the debt is for them don’t I??

Comment

I’ve just found out that it is a phone contract?

Comment

Can I offer Overdale £1 per month? I’d rather just do that to be honest. Unless I can ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by rich110991 View Post

Thank you both, but where it says to write the name of the creditor, I don’t know for sure if it was Avant Credit??
                    Can you check with a Credit Reference Agency? that should tell you what is what.

Comment

Also I’ve never sent a postal order? I’m not sure what to do. Am I sending it to Overdale Solicitors or Lowell?
                      You are sending it to Lovell's, you'll need to go to the post office.

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/postal-orders

Comment

Before I send the SAR to Avant Credit, I need to know if the debt is for them don’t I??
                        See post 10.

Comment

I’ve just found out that it is a phone contract?
                          You can send the SAR to the phone company.

Comment

Can I offer Overdale £1 per month? I’d rather just do that to be honest. Unless I can ignore it.
                            You can fill in an Income & Expenditure form, make an offer of payment to Lowells, if you can only afford £1, then tell them. Take into consideration the cost of living. It is pointless saying you can pay £XX, today, then finding out you can't because prices are increasing.

Comment

Also, write down all your questions then post them in one, so I can answer in one post rather then several.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X