• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warning letter before Court Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning letter before Court Action

Received a CC Claim, Northampton. I never received a warning letter of intended proceedings. In fact never received a letter of any description
    Can I state this in my defence. I will admit a partial liability which comes to roughly 50% of the claim
    Tags: None

Admit any amount and you get ccj. What is it all about

Comment

Letter before action not received??

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        Letter before action not received??
        I can confirm, no letter before action

Comment

ok so what is the claim about?

Comment

Post up the particulars of claim.

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
              Post up the particulars of claim.
              Claim is for £560.00. which includes charges. The principle was for c/c
              amount of £250.00. Charges, interest and late payments £310.00.
              Did not receive LBA. No list of charges other than what I have assumed.
              Willing to pay the £250 over a period. Unable to do so previously because
              of lockdown. How do I respond to claim ? Can I admit part of the claim ?
              Await your response
              Apologies for delay in replying
              PS
              This is an assigned debt

Comment

Are you able to claim the charges plus interest back under 'Hardship', i.e. unemployed, health conditions, any other 'vulnerable' circumstances etc.

a) First Acknowledge the Claim, you can do this online, this will give you 28 days in total to work on your defence.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

b) Send the creditor a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

c) Send the solicitor a CCA request, they have 14 days to provide a copy of the original agreement. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

d) Send the solicitor a CPR 31.14 request, again get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                  Are you able to claim the charges plus interest back under 'Hardship', i.e. unemployed, health conditions, any other 'vulnerable' circumstances etc.

a) First Acknowledge the Claim, you can do this online, this will give you 28 days in total to work on your defence.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ledge-a-claim/

b) Send the creditor a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data they hold on the account. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

c) Send the solicitor a CCA request, they have 14 days to provide a copy of the original agreement. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...etter-example/

d) Send the solicitor a CPR 31.14 request, again get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/
                  Thank you Echat
                  I note that if I use MoneyClaim online (New), I can request only 14 days of extra time
                  and not 28 days if by post. What would you suggest ? My subsequent request
                  for documents from the creditor(s) might not arrive in time, especially in this
                  period, Christmas etc.
                  By the way MoneyClaim online (Old) link doesn't work anymore

Comment

a) I note that if I use MoneyClaim online (New), I can request only 14 days of extra time and not 28 days if by post. What would you suggest ?

You get 14 days from the date on the claim form you received. You will get a further 14 days once you Acknowledge the claim, that gives you a total of 28 days. (you get an extra 5 days for postage etc.)

b) My subsequent request for documents from the creditor(s) might not arrive in time, especially in this period, Christmas etc.

That's not an issue because that will be reflected in your Defence to the court.

c) By the way MoneyClaim online (Old) link doesn't work anymore

Good to know.

You need to make sure you are aware of the date that your Defence has to be filed by - it can be emailed to the court.

Comment

a) I note that if I use MoneyClaim online (New), I can request only 14 days of extra time and not 28 days if by post. What would you suggest ?

You get 14 days from the date on the claim form you received. You will get a further 14 days once you Acknowledge the claim, that gives you a total of 28 days. (you get an extra 5 days for postage etc.)

b) My subsequent request for documents from the creditor(s) might not arrive in time, especially in this period, Christmas etc.

That's not an issue because that will be reflected in your Defence to the court.

c) By the way MoneyClaim online (Old) link doesn't work anymore

Good to know.

You need to make sure you are aware of the date that your Defence has to be filed by - it can be emailed to the court.
                      Brilliant
                      Have just submitted acknowledgment of the claim. Have the gateway ID and status PDF.
                      All I have to do now is file the defence. May I send it to you so you can assess if it looks OK.
                      Content will include the non LBA. Request for signed agreement. Request for breakdown
                      of charges, interest etc. Application of charges during a year of lockdown. By the way the
                      address is not the same as the Claim. Letter was forwarded to new address
                      NB
                      I am willing to pay the the principal. How should I express this if indeed I need to ?

Comment

Originally posted by peterpiper View Post

Brilliant
                        Have just submitted acknowledgment of the claim. Have the gateway ID and status PDF.
                        All I have to do now is file the defence. May I send it to you so you can assess if it looks OK.
                        Content will include the non LBA. Request for signed agreement. Request for breakdown
                        of charges, interest etc. Application of charges during a year of lockdown. By the way the
                        address is not the same as the Claim. Letter was forwarded to new address
                        NB
                        I am willing to pay the the principal. How should I express this if indeed I need to ?
                        The best thing to do is hold off actually filing the Defence, because they may send reevant information
                        that you can use. What you can do is work on your Defence, so any relevant information just has to be
                        added to the Defence.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/

Comment

file defence few days before deadline stops them trashing defences or trying to.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                            file defence few days before deadline stops them trashing defences or trying to.
                            Good point.

Comment

The best thing to do is hold off actually filing the Defence, because they may send reevant information
                              that you can use. What you can do is work on your Defence, so any relevant information just has to be
                              added to the Defence.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-court-claims/
                              Is the content of my defence, as indicated above, suitable and sufficient ?
                              What about my mention of offering to pay the principal or should I skip that ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X