• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court - Lowell - Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning bump for help

Comment

Has everyone disappeared from this forum?

Comment

I have similar situation, it does seem everyone has disappeared?

Comment

Originally posted by Token23 View Post
          I have similar situation, it does seem everyone has disappeared?
          I know. It is a bit disappointing. Especially as I have paid for the subscription.

Comment

It's just confusing when you talk about the claimant sending a defence. You are the defendant and it is you sending a defence

Comment

I do apologise for using the incorrect terms when trying to explain but sadly that's the reason I use this forum because I have absolutely 0% knowledge about anything im trying to do here.

So see my post and just disregard the defence word for case against me?

Comment

Can anyone please explain if lowell has to provide actual copies of the default notice ie a addressed letter to me?

Or will the screen grab of some kind of system that says a date the default notice was sent is correct?

Comment

pt2537 would best explain the importance of default notices. A screen grab showing one may have been sent does not prove it was and certainly does not tell us if the notice was flawed.
                  Lowell sending a witness statement 16 days before trial is in breach of what the court ordered, so you should argue that the witness statement not be allowed as evidence.
                  However, when you say the two CC accounts - "Lowell has supplied everything" - Do you mean all CCA documents, statement of account etc?
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thank you for the response CELESTINE.

Just to confirm there papers have the following

Account 1 Credit Card
                    CCA, SOC, Default, NOA

Account 2 Shop Direct
                    CCA, SOC, NOA

Account 3 Shop Direct
                    CCA, SOC, NOA

The 2 shop direct include a screen shot of when a default notice was served not a letter.

I have contacted the court via email asking regarding my concerns which they can not talk about they could only inform me that the court fee had been paid.

the court date is the 26th oct the papers sent from lowell are dated the 14th oct

What should i do now?

Comment

So tomorrow is the day for court i have no clue whats going on or what to do?

Can anyone help in anyway I what I should be expecting here.

Cheers

Comment

`-It's not going to be big or scary. It looks like you have not been served well by the forum. You should argue initially as there are three amounts of money from two different creditors that Lowells have abused the process by serving them as one.
                        Ask to get the claim thrown out on that basis.
                        You don't say how old the claims are if unacknowledged for more than six years they will be statute-barred and not
                        enforceable in court.
                        If you can pay in 28 days of judgement no judgement will be recorded against you.
                        You may be able to get a tomlin order.
                        Take a thorough income and expenditure and make a realistic settlement offer.

Comment

Hi thanks for the response

The hearing is to be done by telephone according to the letter?
                          debt is not statute-barred.

Comment

Good luck Patters - Two accounts without default notices is the key issue, as proof of service of a DN is a pre-requisite for termination and enforcement. Lenders have a duty to serve such documents and be able to prove they have done so not just by screen shots, but by keeping easily accessible copies of such documents digitally so that in the case of a legal dispute the terms of the default notice can be assessed. Not being able to provide such documents is evidence of sloppiness and lack of respect for the Consumer Credit Act's consumer protections.

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Cheers

What im not understanding is the hearing letter stated that additional directions were needed and that lowell needed to provide copies of default notice by the 14/10/20 or else it would be struck out, now they have provided papers on the 14/10 but they obviously are missing the default notice copies from 2 of the 3 debts.

Why has this not been struck out already? will the court see this as one case so if any paperwork is missing its all struck out or will they individually allow lowell to win on one of the 3 that have the correct paperwork.

Also the phone call anyone done one of these things what happens?

Comment

Because Lowell have chosen to lump 3 claims together, technically they can’t win in one and lose on another but you never know...
                                The fact that Lowell have failed to provide the DN is very serious and you must strongly and politely insist that the court abides by its own order and strikes the whole claim
                                The ‘hearing’ will be a phone call between you, Lowell’s rep and the Judge. Just speak when asked to by the Judge. Let Lowell’s rep speak without interrupting but note any points you wish to disagree with when it is your turn.
                                Refer to the Judge as “Your Honour”.
                                Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X