• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court form received today 😢

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court form received today 😢

Hello, I need some guidance on a county court claim please.

issue date: 7/10/19
    acknowledged of claim - not yet
    amount claimed -£300
    claimant name -Lowell portfolio 1 ltd
    solicitor name- Lowell solicitor ltd
    original creditor - telephone broadband provider
    from 2011/2012
    original debt £140

due to moving property early 2012 I had attempted to cancel the service with the telephone provided several times via telephone/email when I moved out of the property. They had continued the service even through the property was empty but continued to charge until they terminated the service themselves and passed on to lowell. If I remember I had contacted Lowell by letter years ago to explain I did not owe this money but they have continuously repeated letter after letter demanding payment.Today I have a letter for county court, to wish I want to defend

please advise
    Tags: None

Particulars of the claim
    1-the defendant entered into an agreement with telephone provider

2-the defendant failed to maintain the required payments & service was terminated

3-the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 26/2/2016 and notice given to the defendant

4- despite repeated requests for payment for the sum of £190 remains due and outstanding
    and the claimant claims
    a) the said sum £190
    b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. Accruing at a daily rate of £0.041 but limited to one year being £15.01
    c) costs

Comment

Apologies please move to specific forum as I am new to this thank you

Comment

WIll do

Get the claim acknowledged with intent to defend in full - if you can log in on moneyclaim online that is the best way to do it so you can keep track going forward. ( Acknowledge Claim
        )

Do you have copies still of the emails / letters you sent trying to cancel when you moved ?

Do you know exactly when the company terminated the contract ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your reply

will do the claim acknowledgement asap

Unfortunately I don’t I have checked my emails but with it being so long ago it’s deleted , letter I didn’t copy which also was a while ago☹️

im presuming they terminated it in 2012 sometime but I wouldn’t of had the letters to say as I was no longer in that property

Comment

Mcol acknowledgement of service completed

what do I do next ?

sorry I’m new to all this I have no knowledge whatsoever as to what to do in this situation

Comment

You now write your defence read to submit it to the court before day 33 from the date of issue

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Today I have sent a cca and cpr 31.14 so I can start getting me defence ready.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if I also have to send a sar request to the oc? Thanks in advance

Comment

I think it would be worth asking for copies of all correspondence held by them, which would presumably include letters written to your old address after you moved away. When did they trace you at your new address? If you haven’t retained copy emails it would probably be advisable to be as clear as you can about the efforts you made to cancel, giving approximate dates of emails/letters/phone calls and your best recollection of what you actually wrote/said.

Comment

CPR only ask for mentioned in court form documents, cca is not part of the mentioned as a contract should be//

Comment

Since moving out of that property I have not once had a letter direct for the oc. I have moved twice in that timescale and only received any communication regarding the oc through Lowell.I have kept all of their communication the past year their communication has been strong . It has been swapped from Lowell at one point to another company called lucas credit then back to Lowell again and two letters since had a reduction of the original debt by 3/4 then they have put it up now to double the original amount.However I’m very ignorant and stubborn and out of principal refuse to acknowledge them(Lowell) but it seems now that I think it’s probably going to bite me in the backside.i will write to the oc and ask for all communications sent to this old addresses and ask if they have copy emails or recording of the telephone calls between me and them while I’m at it ( as most phone calls are recorded for training purposes) in hindsight I wish I didn’t clear out my email folders, moving forward what if they don’t send me these I ask for after all it was 2012? How long do oc keep this information on their files?

Comment

Response from the solicitors.please can someone advise me with Defense.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There was no copy of the notice of assignment enclosed with this letter

Comment

Anyone please I have another question. As there was no credit agreement nor was it regulated by the cca 1974. No default Would have been made.There is no mention of a default in the particulars of the claim, is it advisable to not mention the default part suggested on the forums Defense template and Remove that section out of my Defense completely ?

thank you in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X