• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form Lowell Portfolio - Capital one card from 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form Lowell Portfolio - Capital one card from 2008

Received a claim? Yes/No: YES
    Issue Date: JUL 2019
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: NO
    Total Amount Claimed : £1100
    Claimant’s Name: LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD
    Solicitors Firm: LOWELL SOLICITORS LIMITED
    Original Creditor: CAPITAL ONE
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : CREDIT CARD
    Particulars of Claim:
    1.The defendant opened a capital one regulated consumer credit account under reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 2008
    2. In breach of the Agreement, the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the Agreement was terminated
    3.The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 2015
    4.Despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £900 remain due and outstanding. And the claimant claims
    a. The sum of £900
    b. Interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.200, but limited to one year, being £100
    c. Costs
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No contact but looks like default was 2015 so not statute Barred
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): None yet
    Any Other Information or Background Details: My partner got herself into some financial difficulty just before we met ( around 9 years ago ). She did have a card around that time but she thought this was paid off by her then partner and she thought this was Lowell just trying it on and didnt give me any of the letters. I am now involved and would like to get this resolved ( will pay anything she legitimately owes ) My problem is we have no paper work so cant begin to make sense what that might be- We moved around a lot the last few years in 4 different rented property before purchasing in 2017 ( all in my name not hers )

After reading previous posts it looks like i need to Acknowledge the calim and set out defend in full and send requests to Lowell and Capital one for the details of the claim

I have checked her credit file and can see there is a default from Lowell on there

Any help would be appreciated i really want to aviod a CCJ as my plan was to add her to the mortgage ones my fixed term runs out - 2022
    Last edited by noledud; 10th August 2019, 14:29:PM.
    Tags: None

Had a letter from Lowell saying they have to write to the original creditor for details requested.

couple of days later had a big file from original creditor (one I requested) and in there is the agreement and lots of other stuff.

so what’s the next steps ? I need to submit a defence soon so I’m getting worried that it’s not going my way

any help people ?

Comment

Looking at the dates that capital one have provided she last made a payment 2013 then was defaulted by them a few months later 2014.

So im thinking are we able to say SB ? Or would I need to drag it out past August then claim SB or do thy go off the date they sent the letter in 2014 of which was also sent to an address we had moved out of 6+months before ?
      Last edited by noledud; 10th August 2019, 14:31:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noledud View Post
        Looking at the dates that capital one have provided she last made a payment 08/13 then was defaulted by them a few months later 04/14.

So im thinking are we able to say SB ? Or would I need to drag it out past August then claim SB or do thy go off the date they sent the letter in 04/14 of which was also sent to an address we had moved out of 6+months before ?
        Pretty sure you should have acknowledge the claim by now. Log onto moneyclaimonline & look but I think you are a week late.

Comment

Hi There

I have acknowledged and i have sent the request for documents to both lowell and lowell solicitors. They respond with they will seek to obtain these from the original creditor and to date nothing else.

I need to file my defense tonight so i was hoping someone could assist me with that, am i right in thinking im basically saying because they have not complied with my request for credit agreement and transfer of debt docs im not in a position to know enough about the alleged debt ?

Comment

Example Defence

stating that on dates certain (list) documents were requested and have not been received (Note:- usual no response at this stage from them) Amethyst

Comment

Thanks

Should I add the it’s statu barred even if I think it may not be ?

im thinking going of what they have given me it could well be so why not ?

Comment

Amethyst ?

Comment

well iv taken the plunge and used the full example defence -my thinning - it all fits with the information they have presented me and i will amend the defence if at any point should they show me information to prove otherwise ?

Hope thats right I was just conscious i was running out of time so wanted it submitted

Comment

well iv taken the plunge and used the full example defence -my thinning - it all fits with the information they have presented me and i will amend the defence if at any point should they show me information to prove otherwise ?

Hope thats right I was just conscious i was running out of time so wanted it submitted
                    Just remember if this goes to a hearing then your partner will probably have to speak for herself.

When was the last time she made a payment towards the debt?
                    Last edited by GBExile; 10th August 2019, 14:52:PM.

Comment

yeah im hoping it dosnt get that far tbh

29/10/13 - i take it that means we cant claim status barred - but thats comes from what i have obtained not what lowell has sent

Comment

yeah im hoping it dosnt get that far tbh

29/10/13 - i take it that means we cant claim status barred - but thats comes from what i have obtained not what lowell has sent
                        Well at least you are on top of it.

Just carry on with the standard protocol listed at the top of the page on the left hand side.

To be fair my ex was the same & I managed to stop 5 out of 5 cases before court. In fact nothing went to a hearing. One nearly did but they didnt pay the court fee & then wrote saying she now owes ZERO as they had written it off. Thank God non of them went to court because she would have been out of her depth in front of a Judge because of her nervousness.

Just make sure you carry on complying with whatever the court orders at all times. Just write to the claimant & solicitor & Capitol One for the information you want & do not enter discussions in the letters. Just ask for the docs. Do not whatever you do call them up. Everything in writing only.

Comment

Oh & if I am reading it right that £900 would mostly be charges they have added on to the account & if there were charges after they should have assumed she was struggling to pay then you could get a rebate off them via the Financial Ombudsman Service.

In 2013 the banking industry was taking the mick with add ons.

Comment

It is unlikely to be statute barred but it doesn't hurt to include it if there is any uncertainty- the onus of proof is on the claimant to show it is not.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi all

have some updates and need some advise please

Had the questionnaire and returned that (said no to mediation as I still had no docs from Lowell)

Then got a letter saying it was transferred to my local court

next letter gave claimant two weeks to produce documents or case will be struck out.

then A’s if by magic Lowell send us the docs - it’s like they could get them very easy but only bothered once it got to this stage.

so I now have the agreement which is very granular and I doubt I can even make the terms out but it might just be a poor copy

they have provided the notice of assignment which was sent to an old address

the cover letter lists different phones calls and payment up to 2015

they have offered I say how much per month on a Tomlin order but the figure is now over £1200

Take it my options are now very few.

im happy to pay a reasonable amount but not the over inflated figure being suggested

can you please provide any help ? Can I go to them with an offer of 50% to end it ?

or do I need to look in detail what they have sent me ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X