• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form Lowell Portfolio - Capital one card from 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post #23 https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...45#post1495245
    you mention default notice - can you just clarify that pls
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

sorry that should have read agreement

Comment

Amethyst did you get my last message ?

Comment

Ahhh okay, so no default notice...

Dear Lowell Solicitors,

Thank you for your recent letter and enclosures of a notice of assignment and copy of the agreement. In your previous letter, dated xxxx 2019, you stated you had "
          enclosed copies of statement, credit agreement, default notice and the notice of assignment for your reference" however, the only documents enclosed with this letter were the credit agreement and notice of assignment. I would be grateful if you could provide the default notice and statement copies by return. Once these have been provided I will be in a position to consider my position further.

Kind regards

xxxxxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi All

Amethyst and Mike770

Ok update on this

The court have ordered both parties must go to mediation and they have ordered the claimant send all relevant paper work they will be using in court to both the courts and defendant by 31/12* *- i have 7 days to call and arrange - Needs doing today

Lowell have sent the default notice - Sent to an old address so not sure it was actually served.

The default notice is 2014 so Lowell have quite rightly pointed out its not statue barred but have continued to press for an offer from me for resolution.

I take it my options are now just to try and reach an agreement ?*

Comment

Amethyst MIKE770 any ideas ? Getting really worried now we have a date set, feels like I’m running out of road.

Comment

As the court ordered they STRONGLEY suggest we enter mediation I have the date now booked.

they have provided me all the documents but I’m still not happy with the case for the following reasons

1. The balance the limit on the card was £600 and it wasn’t even around the £500 mark balance wise before the default and fees. I’m betting a lot of that £500 balance was fees as well

2. The default notice was sent to our old address which we had moved out of 6 months before. My partner says she informed them when we moved out but I doubt I can prove that unless I can make them go through recorded calls ? - if this was sent the plain English may have made my partner look to me for help and all this avoided.

so they appear to be my only points now - can I realistically use the above to negotiate a reduced settlement ? We don’t have much cash but I’d rather offer a ffs to get it over with. I’m thinking if they don’t agree to a reduced amount I will offer £1 a month or go to court ?

any tips or help would be appreciated*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X