• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**won** Hello, and woe! - Court Claim for 'dangerous' DIY...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your views on my competency are of no interest to me, but, I have the usual C&G 2 years that was the norm pre current semi-apprenticeship / day release type training. Now going to ask you another question to hopefully put an end to this;

What 'work' that you keep insisting I did, did I do? Because you seem to know more than me!

Comment

• The OP has contacted me by PM to offer a gift to show their appreciation for the help I have provided.

I have asked that they make a donation to a Foodbank due to not accepting personal gifts for help provided on this forum.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

• Great idea, that's very kind of Swiss_Toni ( and you )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• All sorted

Comment

• Originally posted by swiss_toni View Post
            All sorted
            Thank you, much appreciated.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Your views on my competency are of no interest to me, but, I have the usual C&G 2 years that was the norm pre current semi-apprenticeship / day release type training. Now going to ask you another question to hopefully put an end to this;

What 'work' that you keep insisting I did, did I do? Because you seem to know more than me!
              Well I would know what I didn't do.

At the age of 50 I can confirm I can recall from the age of about 6 or 7 yrs old until my current age. I can actually recall everything.

Good luck with your memory whilst trying to avoid responsibility.

Have you got alzheimers? Seriously. you need to have it checked out.
              Last edited by GBExile; 23rd August 2019, 21:01:PM.

Comment

• Oh for an ignore button...

Comment

• Originally posted by GBExile View Post
                  Good luck with your memory whilst trying to avoid responsibility.
                  The claim has been struck out and a wasted costs order awarded against the Claimant, there's no responsibility to avoid and the judge agreed the claimant couldn't show Cause of Action... he couldn't because there wasn't one!

Amethyst or Kati could you lock this thread, this tittle tattle serves no purpose?

swiss_toni if the claimant doesn't pay up you'll need to start a new thread regards enforcement of a wasted costs order.

Comment

• Well, as it hasn't been locked, I recieved the General Form of Judgement or Order letter today.

It is ordered that

1. Summary Judgement for Defendant

2. Claim is dismissed

3. Claimant shall pay defendant's costs, assessed at £350.00 by 4pm 18 September 2019

Assuming that the claimant has got the exact same letter - but that to date he doesn't seem to have understood a single instruction from the court - I have looked online and most suggest no contact / action until the deadline is passed without payment.

However, should I be sending a friendly letter, just to remind the Claimant how much he owes and where he can sent it to?

How about...

Dear Mr. Claimant,

With reference to the General Form of Judgement of Order from the court dated 24th August 2019, I am writing to confirm that in respect of Paragraph 3 (costs), cheques should be made payable to Mr. A. Defendant and sent to the above address.

I look forward to receiving payment of £350.00 before 4pm on the 18th September 2019.

Yours Sincerely,

etc...

cheers

Comment

Well, as it hasn't been locked, I recieved the General Form of Judgement or Order letter today.

It is ordered that

1. Summary Judgement for Defendant

2. Claim is dismissed

3. Claimant shall pay defendant's costs, assessed at £350.00 by 4pm 18 September 2019

Assuming that the claimant has got the exact same letter - but that to date he doesn't seem to have understood a single instruction from the court - I have looked online and most suggest no contact / action until the deadline is passed without payment.

However, should I be sending a friendly letter, just to remind the Claimant how much he owes and where he can sent it to?

cheers
                      Wow your court are efficient.

I usually send a letter...

Dear Mr Claimant

Him -v- You Claim Number: XXXXXXXX

I write regarding the above matter and further to the hearing of XX/XX/2019.

I am now in receipt of the order of the District Judge <<NAME>> (copy enclosed). I would be obliged if you would forward a cheque made payable to <<YOUR NAME>> or would credit my account as follows:

Bank Name:
                      Sort Code:
                      Account No:

Please take not of the warning on the judgement, it is of course my preference for you to simply pay this sum owed to me and us both move forward thereafter, but should you choose not to then further enforcement of it will only add further costs to you.

I look forward to receipt of the funds.

Yours sincerely

Comment

• That's great, sent today, many thanks again.

Comment

• He has just paid via bank transfer, finally an end to all this nonsense, thanks again to all for their help on here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X