• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furbinka View Post
    So I just recieved email from Lowell's.

Any thought on this please?

We can confirm receipt of your letter on 15 May 2019. (my CCA and CPR31.14)As Judgment has now been entered, our Client is not obliged to provide you with the requested documentation.

Thank you
    Dear Sirs

Thank you for the email. WIth all due respect, the Claim form was served on 8th May 2019.

An acknowledgement of service was submitted on 11/05/2019 at 10:38:38

It was therefore not open for the Court to enter Judgment on the Claim as the conditions within CPR rule 12 were not met. As a consequence, if Judgment has been entered, it is a mandatory set aside under CPR 13.2 and i respectfully invite you to consent to the judgment being set aside. If you will not consent then i will apply to the Court and will cite any refusal to consent on the question of costs and conduct.

In view of the urgency of the situation i require your reply by 4pm on ......

Regards

I would say though that you should double check the dates on the claim form just to be sure
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thank you very much. How much time should I give them please? A week?

Thank you

Comment

Friday 24th if youre emailing them
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Also is it right that they are not obliged to provide all the informations I requested or is that BS.

Thank you

Comment

Sorry me again....this now stressing me out a lot.

So today I recieved a judgment from court. Apparently I made an offer to Lowells for £3.03 a month to pay against the debt.

Only contact I had with Lowell's was when I recieved claim form. I called them and made them offer to pay by instalments if they stop the court action. They took all my details, income and expenses and so on and after declined to stop court action.

I called court today and they said they written to Claimant and Claimant has 2 weeks to reply to their letter.

The judgement is now showing on my credit report as well.

I cant enter defence against the claim as judgement was issued.

On judgement court says that if thats not amount I offered, I should write them a letter.
              would it be good idea to write to court and explain all situation? That I didnt made and offer to Claimant to pay if they continue with claim?

Any help much appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Can anyone please advice me what to do next?

Thank you

Comment

Ok, so reply from Lowell's about consent to have judgement set aside

​Whilst we note your comments, we must confirm that the CCJ was entered on the terms that were provided to us on your Admission response to the County Court Claim. As such, we are satisfied that the Judgment was entered correctly and we will not be looking to have this set aside.

Independent legal advice is available if you wish to dispute the matter.

A standing order arrangement is in place for £3.03 to be paid on the 6th of each month. Your first instalment is due on 6 June 2019.

Please ensure that payments are maintained to avoid further action being taken, incurring costs.

any thoughts what should be my next step please?

Thank you ​​​​​​

Comment

Hello everyone,

So I spoke with court and they requested Admission form from Lowells by 31st of May, they failed to provide that (I still have a empty form on me).

Case is now going infront of district Judge to have judgement removed. what gonna happen next after Judgement is removed.
                    will I need to submit my defence or will all the claim be discontinued please?
                    Any thoughts?

Thank you

Comment

Hello and thank you for great forum.

I need a help please.

Today I recieved court letter, General form of Judgment or Order stating:

Before deputy district Judge .......
                      Upon reading the Court papers

it's ordered that

1. The judgment set aside as entered in error.

Because this order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days or service of this Order. If the application is one which requires a hearing, and
                      a) the party making application is the Defendant, and
                      b) the Defendant is an individindivithen upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the Defendant's home court.
                      In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court.

My question, do I need to make an application to set aside and pay the fee or will that be entered automatically as the Judge ordered that it is set aside.

Please help. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Furbinka View Post
                        Hello and thank you for great forum.

I need a help please.

Today I recieved court letter, General form of Judgment or Order stating:

Before deputy district Judge .......
                        Upon reading the Court papers

it's ordered that

1. The judgment set aside as entered in error.

Because this order has been made without a hearing, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days or service of this Order. If the application is one which requires a hearing, and
                        a) the party making application is the Defendant, and
                        b) the Defendant is an individindivithen upon filing of the application the claim will be transferred to the Defendant's home court.
                        In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court.

My question, do I need to make an application to set aside and pay the fee or will that be entered automatically as the Judge ordered that it is set aside.

Please help. Thank you
                        Are you the Claimant or Defendant, if you are the latter then no, the Court has set judgement aside, if you are the Claimant and want to keep your judgment then you may need to think about applying to set aside, however im not sure which side you are

Comment

Hi PT2537,

I'm Defendant.

Thank you

Comment

Ok. So do I need to do anything now please?

Comment

I think we probably need to know what happened for the case to get to this point. So did you ( knowingly) receive a judgment against you ? Or in your favour ? ( I mean, you did have judgment against you / in your favour but it has been set aside as it was an error, but do you know what / how / when etc ? Or is this just completely out of the blue ?)
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Is it related to this ? https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ll-court-claim
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X