• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell/Vanquis Claim - Please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell/Vanquis Claim - Please help!

Hi all

I have recently received a Claim form, prior to receiving this I had also received a Letter before action which I had then sent a CCA to Lowell and SAR to Vanquis. I am not sure where to go from now and this is making me extremely anxious, please see below for more information and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Received a claim? Yes/No: Yes
    Issue Date: 09/05/2019
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Not yet
    Total Amount Claimed: £500
    Claimant’s Name: Lowell Portfolio I LTD
    Solicitors Firm: Lowell Solicitors Limited
    Original Creditor: Vanquis
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft): Unsure if £200 or £250 credit card
    Particulars of Claim: ( Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers/exact amounts ):
    1) The defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with Vanquis under account reference _.
    2) The defendant failed to maintain the required payments and arrears began to accrue.
    3) The Agreement was later assigned to Claimant on 29/09/2017 and notice were given to the Defendant.
    4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £400 remains due and outstanding.
    And the Claimant claims
    1. The sum of £400
    2. Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of issue, accruing at a dailt rate of £1, but limited to one year, being £30
    3. Costs

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No, last contact January 2016
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): CCA to Lowell portfolio - Received a very brief few pages of transaction details and CCA not signed by me, think it was a digital agreement.
    SAR to Vanquis - No statements received, received Customer notes and customer transaction
    Any Other Information or Background Details:
    I took this card out just as my relationship broke down and being unable to keep up with the mounting costs of charges/late payment/overlimit everything spiralled out of control.

Do I now need to acknowledge the claim and send out a CPR to the Claimant? And what should I expect or need next?

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Acknowledge Claim
    defend all tick

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      Acknowledge Claim
      defend all tick
      MIKE770
      Thanks, I have now acknowledged. could you advise the next steps I should take or do I require more information??

Comment

First Steps
        =- read get the idea, ask help to look in for you
        CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

MIKE770 Thank you, I’ve had a read and about to write the CPR 31.14. Just wanted to check if the documents I’ll be requesting will only be the agreement?

Comment

Apologies, also meant Notice of Assignment. So I can only request for these two documentation?

Comment

documents mentioned on the claim form only at this stage any other documents DO NOT REQUEST at this stage = comes later , less time you give them the better? Amethyst

Comment

MIKE770
                Amethyst

Thank you, but I should be prompt with my CPR 31.14 request? Following my particulars in the claim, I think I should only be requesting my Agreement and Notice of Assignment? Please correct me if I’m wrong, I’m just worried I’m working on limited time so would like to tread carefully.

“1) The defendant entered into a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement with Vanquis under account reference _.
                2) The defendant failed to maintain the required payments and arrears began to accrue.
                3) The Agreement was later assigned to Claimant on 29/09/2017 and notice were given to the Defendant.
                4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £400 remains due and outstanding.
                And the Claimant claims
                1. The sum of £400
                2. Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of issue, accruing at a dailt rate of £1, but limited to one year, being £30
                3. Costs“

Comment

Yes, just the agreement and notice of assignment. CPR 31.14 Request

I would also send a SAR to Vanquis - no default date or notice has been mentioned on the claim, thus theres no cause of action (PRA v Doyle ) so be useful to check that out a bit. Subject Access Request Letter

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst thank you! Unfortunately I may have been to quick to move, when I receive the pre-action letter I already sent a SAR and have received it.

Comment

Oh good - was there a default notice or agreement in there ? Did the claimant reply to your reply to the letter of claim or just issue regardless ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst There was no default notice but I did receive the CC Agreement but does not state the credit amount or have a signature (I think it was a digital agreement). The claimant replied to my pre-action when I challenged it, then said they would put my account on hold for 30 days whilst the requested more information from Vanquis. I currently only have the CCA, a few pages of transaction history. And from my SAR a few pages of customer notes, and pages of transaction history.

Comment

Amethyst MIKE770 Hi, I have just received my CCA and notice of assignment. I believe I now have until 26th to respond to the claim and submit a defence? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

thank you in advance

Comment

Amethyst I am currently working on my defence to submit on Wednesday. Do I mention the lack on default notice?

Comment

Hi

Re the CCA request, did you include the £1 payment, & did you get proof of posting/sending?

What exactly did they send you in response to it?

If the claim issue date was 9th May, how have you calculated
                              I believe I now have until 26th [June?] to respond to the claim
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X