• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell

Hi, lowell are chasing me for a debt from 2007 , silly me answered the phone and give my details so know they know where I live , I've checked a few credit files and cant see anything on them for the debt in question? I took out insurance to cover this loan/debt if I ever lost my job and because I had to leave work to look after my terminally ill mother the loan said because my mams illness started before I took the loan out they would not cover me , so I never paid half of it back , I'm scared stiff now as don't know what lowell will do , I don't work as suffer from anxiety but do own a car that I need to take my daughter to school as its 7 miles away from my home , I'm scared I've no money to pay that they will take my car . I've had no letters just the stupid phone call I answered ? Plz help plz don't judge !
    Tags: None

Hiya xxx

No judgment here

so, reclaim the ppi - now - https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/how-to-co...xoCxqMQAvD_BwE

can you tell us a bit about the original loan pls... who was it with (can give you a better idea on the ppi once we know that too) , how much approx, when did you default on it ?(2013?)and how much is Lowell chasing ?

To get anywhere near a bailiff coming to take to take your car Lowell would have to write to you with a letter giving 30 days for you to reply, produce documents, issue a court claim, withstand your defence or offer of installments if appropriate, go to a hearing, win, wait for you not to pay anything, apply for a warrant, write to you a couple times ... then maybe an enforcement agent may visit.... so you have nothing to worry about there.

Now you've had a call from Lowell and given them your details we should probably write to them to ensure the have them right and ask them for details on the debt owed - once we know a little more about it will give you a hand xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya , it was a loan I took out with the Halifax and in all honesty I cant remember how much possibly 5000, lowell say I owe 3500 I've had no contact with them for very long time , so should I wait for a letter and then write to them asking for proof of the debt?

Thank you

Comment

I stopped paying it in 2008 as I lost my mother and job with having to leave to look after her .

Comment

Amethyst
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi I dont understands?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunnygirl View Post
              Hi I dont understands?
              I'm just giving Amethyst a little nudge.
              See------------- ^^^^^^^^^^
              I did it again just now!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

It sounds like it could be statute barred if you ceased paying in 2008 however it depends on the loan and whether they already have a CCJ.

So I would check your credit files ( Experian, Equifax and callcredit(transunion)) there's free access through the clearscore , noddle and Mse Credit club websites - just to check there's no judgment and that this doesn't appear on there ( shouldn't do if it's over 6 years )

Then, if nothing there, send a CCA request letter to Lowell - and a SAR to Halifax - Links below

CCA Request

Subject Access Request Letter

Once you have replies you will be able to see if it is statute barred ( not paid, acknowledged or defaulted/terminated in the last 6 years ) and can send Lowell a statute barred letter so that they cease chasing you.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I've checked noodle and experian and there are no ccj on my credit score at all , how do I find out if its statute barred? Do I send letters before receiving a letter off lowell or wait till they send one ?

Thank you

Comment

It shows that lowell did a search on me the day they rang me ?

Comment

This is from checking my credit score, all say I've no ccj
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the questions, what if the debt is not statute barred?

Comment

They sent this , should I just write cca request?

Thank you
                          Attached Files

Comment

Read this
                            The law changed on statute barred debt in Jan 2019. FAQs including when 6 years start, types of debt, resetting the clock & Default Notices
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

From what you say it looks like it probably is SB.

& yes, send a CCA letter as well.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X