• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriarty Law / Utility Warehouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    Any way this kicks in i.e. within a defence? Amethyst ??

All energy firms will be banned from back-billing customers beyond 12 months under stricter new rules.

Energy regulator Ofgem has announced that from the end of April, no firm will be able to bill customers for energy used more than 12 months ago.

Six firms, including British Gas, E.on and EDF, already agree not to bill customers beyond 12 months as part of a voluntary scheme, but Ofgem says these companies don't always follow these rules and so it's putting in place a ban that will apply to the whole sector.

Back-billing usually happens when suppliers estimate bills as they don't have regular, accurate meter readings. Once they have the meter readings they may then send a catch-up bill if the estimated bill is too low.

The regulator says the typical back-bill is £1,160 but in extreme cases it has seen customers suddenly asked to pay more than £10,000.
    The rules say its for mistakes made before 12 months being billed unexpectedly in the future.

The OPs debt is outstanding from years ago by their own admission (on here) so I cant see the debt being covered by the Ofgem rule.

OPs get out is for overcharging (breach) if they can prove it.

Comment

Hello
      are you saying if I can prove it was a revised bill after I had left then I could use this as a defence.
      All I can make of the bills they sent copies of is that my April bill was they owed me for gas and I owed them for electric. Small amounts of money.
      The new bills charged at a different rate because I left them the bill charge rates are much higher plus extra charges so they re calculated my bill from before at new rates bumping them up to £299. I contacted them at the time and never heard from them again until November 2018 from moriarty law.

Comment

Hello
        i have filled in court forms as per instructions and said yes to arbitration. I have still had nothing from moriarty law and nothing from here. I feel very alone here.

Comment

Hiya, the Directions Questionnaire tells the court where the claim needs to be sent to - your local court - whether parties are willing to mediate - and whether any additional directions are needed, or if the case can go straight to a hearing - prior to which witness statements and documentation will be exchanged.

Did you hear anything back from Utility Warehouse from the SAR as yet ?

The claimant must evidence how the sum of £200 odd has arisen when your final bill said you owed them £10 on Gas and they owed me £26 on electric.

Did you actually pay that £10 or get the £26 refund as far as you recall ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello amethyst
            Thank you for getting back to me, as I put before I have had no reply from utility warehouse or Moriarty law, from a PROVE IT letter just I got copies of bills, then a letter taking me to court, then a summons, no response from SAR.
            I contacted them through RESOLVER as well in November last year and they have not responded I escalated it in January No response.

I have filled in for a hearing to be at local CC and yes I have enough information to agree to mediation ( AS I DID NOT GET ANY ADVISE ABOVE)
            they have been served to Moriarty Law tomorrow, (recorded mail.) and returned to court first class post today.

about the final bill, as far as I am aware we just left the bill as it was and moved to SSE, SSE where never informed we owed UW any arrears when we switched, they seem to have recalculated our bills all at standard rates after we had lefthand no long in the club, then reissued the bills in April and June of 2014 at £299, I take it as a penalty for leaving the club. I don't remember receiving the bills back then and the first we heard was when the letter arrived last November 2018 demanding £299, I sent a PROVE IT letter.

I can't post all the bill copies they sent for security but I can say they are estimated readings a meter change and recalculated at different rates.

How do I fight this, if they don't respond to letters, complaints just take me to court.

pitbull10

Comment

Hello
              I have today received a reply from moriarty law in response to my SAR request letter.
              All they have done is send the same copies of bills from February 2014 to June 2014 they are all estimated charges.
              The letter says.
              They confirm the outstanding balance was not assigned so no deed or notice is required.
              They give me a 30day hold pending a response.

HOW DO I DEFEND THIS

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull10 View Post
                Hello
                I have today received a reply from moriarty law in response to my SAR request letter.
                All they have done is send the same copies of bills from February 2014 to June 2014 they are all estimated charges.
                The letter says.
                They confirm the outstanding balance was not assigned so no deed or notice is required.

HOW DO I DEFEND THIS
                Arkell v Pressdram

Comment

Originally posted by GBExile View Post

Arkell v Pressdram

Oh! I say!

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull10 View Post
                    Hello
                    The letter says.

HOW DO I DEFEND THIS
                    Anything from UW on the SAR ?

Moriarty are acting FOR UW so no, there's no assignment... UW are the claimant.

YOu have already told them the bills are not sufficient to evidence there is any debt and UW will hold a lot more info on you than just copies of bills.... transaction lists, screennotes, original sign up form and data .... so if Moriarty were replying to the SAR on UW's behalf go back to them and say, this is not everything UW hold.... if Moriarty were just replying the the CPR request, then fine, but chase up UW for the SAR .

Do any of the bills they have sent back up what you recall about a final bill of £10 and an overpayment etc ?

Are there terms of membership of the UW club thing ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                      Oh! I say!
                      Sometimes the claimants need to be told in no uncertain terms when they are scraping the bottom of the barrel

Comment

Hello
                        I have written a letter to ML stating why I don’t owe them anything and they have proved nothing.
                        I don’t know what else to do.
                        Pitbull

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X