• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** discontinued ** Court claim from Hoist Portfolio Holding 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pscomp View Post
    If the Claimants Solicitor has extended the time to allow them to provide the documentation but that 14 days runs out today shouldn't para 14 read:

​​​​​​The Parties agreed to an extension to the time period allowed for filing of my defence under CPR 15.5 to allow the Claimants additional time to produce the relevant documentation to evidence their claim, however they have failed to do so.
    see post #29
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I managed to email over my defence which I couldn't have done without your help.

Should I email the Claimant's Solicitor today and invite them to discontinue?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by pscomp View Post
        Thanks for all your help. I managed to email over my defence which I couldn't have done without your help.

Should I email the Claimant's Solicitor today and invite them to discontinue?

Cheers
        There's no harm in it. Go with something like:

Dear Sirs

Reference: Them -v- You: Claim No. - XXXXXXX

I write further to your letter of X to extend the date for filing my defence.

I note that you have not provided the documents requested within the further 14 day deadline you stated and therefore find enclosed by way of service upon you my Defence, I acknowledge the same has been filed with the court.

Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which it relies to the Particulars of Claim and the very fact you are unable to provide them at all leads me to believe that the filing of this claim is an abuse of the court process. It will be my intention to highlight this to the court pursuant to CPR 27.14 as unreasonable conduct at the hearing in relation to my costs.

Should it be the case that you withdraw from the claim via a Notice of discontinuance to the court I confirm that I will not pursue your client for my costs of and occasioned in dealing with this matter to date.

Yours sincerely

<<YOU>>
        ENC.
        The last paragraph of that letter would be disputed by some as you should try to recover costs if they discontinue, but if you did you would have to file an application at a cost of £255 to you and no guarantee the judge would have any of it given the limited costs nature of the small claim track. It gives them a way out without further costs and ending this is what you want, so it gives them more incentive to do it.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Just a quick post to say thank you!

After receiving a letter from the court with a date for the hearing I today received a letter from the Claimants Solicitor saying they were discontinuing the Claim against me and my account had been closed with no further action against me.

I Couldn't have won this without the guidance of this forum.

Thanks again for all your help

Comment

well done check with court in few days to confirm

Comment

Congratulations
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X