• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISMISSED *** Small claims for stabling fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what I was hoping you'd say, we discussed it at length last night, and we were saying pretty much the same things you are but just wanted to make sure. I will get the form filled out today and sent asap. I'll put it up first to make sure I've got it all correct before sending. Do I leave costs out of the equation, so far my only costs are postage and doctors note.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stopbox View Post
      That's what I was hoping you'd say, we discussed it at length last night, and we were saying pretty much the same things you are but just wanted to make sure. I will get the form filled out today and sent asap. I'll put it up first to make sure I've got it all correct before sending. Do I leave costs out of the equation, so far my only costs are postage and doctors note.
      You put court fees in and the cost of the doctors note as that was part of your Counterclaim.

Postage will come if you defeat her claim as you would have had to send the letters to defend that claim even if you hadn't countered.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

• Just be aware that once a default judgment is issued the other party COULD apply to have that default judgment set aside, and liklihood is that application would be heard with the initial claim at the hearing. It shouldn't affect the case overall but just letting you know so if she did go and get some advice and apply to setaside it wasn't a massive suprise.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• That was my other thought as well, but I'm happy to push this as she has literally made my life hell since December with worry and stress. If this affects her the way its affected me then that will be a bonus, even if it does get set-a-side. Money is not an issue for her, so I wouldn't be surprised if she got advise, but her solicitor does not always seem 'on the ball' with this.

Comment

That was my other thought as well, but I'm happy to push this as she has literally made my life hell since December with worry and stress. If this affects her the way its affected me then that will be a bonus, even if it does get set-a-side. Money is not an issue for her, so I wouldn't be surprised if she got advise, but her solicitor does not always seem 'on the ball' with this.
            If the solicitor is advising her then she wants her money back as this has not gone at all how it should from her side.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

• ARMPRosearch.png I’ve filled the form in roughly, please take a look and let me know if it’s right. Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

• Seems to be blank email if you're struggling with the upload - admin@legalbeagles.info
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

If the solicitor is advising her then she wants her money back as this has not gone at all how it should from her side.
                  no, it hasn’t and I think that’s because she’s doing this out of spite instead of thinking things through or finding out how it should be done. When I was being harassed by her, she stated that she would take me to small claims court and it would be done “ up north”” because that’s as she stated was where she had done it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Seems to be blank email if you're struggling with the upload - admin@legalbeagles.info
                    I got there, working either from iPad or iPhone, they don’t do things as well as a computer

Comment

it would be done “ up north”” because that’s as she stated was where she had done it before.
                      Well it won't be as the Defendant is given preference to their home court if they state it to be, hence what we wrote on your DQ.

Comment

I’ve filled the form in roughly, please take a look and let me know if it’s right. Thanks
                        What are the figures in the following boxes?

"Court fees shown on claim"
                        "Legal Representative’s costs (if any) on issuing claim"

Have you had notification that the case has gone to a local court yet? I assume it was CCMCC you spoke to yesterday?

Comment

• b.png

So I have numbered the boxes for ease of reference:

1 & 2 - as you have them
                          3 - £70
                          4 - £25.00 (cross out the words "Legal Representative's")
                          5 - the subtotal of 1,2, 3 & 4
                          6 - 255.00 (cross out the words "Legal Representative's")
                          7 - 5 + 6
                          8 - 0.00
                          9 - same as 7

Comment

• Until the case is allocated after receipt of the DQ's then it is fine to submit documents to the court everything has been dealt with up to now - it will then be sent over to the local court when it is transferred. So Salford CCMC or Northampton CCBC ?

Don't forget claim number.

Looks like you have filled it in right to me, TBH I'm not 100% sure about the PArt 20 part but the court can work it out I'm sure .... strange form as you tick not admitted or defended, then the amount says ' amount admitted' ... tsk ! Trouble with trying to use one form to do many things I guess.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              Until the case is allocated after receipt of the DQ's then it is fine to submit documents to the court everything has been dealt with up to now - it will then be sent over to the local court when it is transferred. So Salford CCMC or Northampton CCBC ?
                              It's Salford

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post

What are the figures in the following boxes?

"Court fees shown on claim"
                                "Legal Representative’s costs (if any) on issuing claim"

Have you had notification that the case has gone to a local court yet? I assume it was CCMCC you spoke to yesterday?
                                Court fee’s shown on claim - I’ve put the costs of entering the documents here including the doctors note, so £70 + £255 + £25

Legal Representative costs - there shouldn’t be figures here, I’m just roughly writing it out

do all the costs including the fees go into the “amount of claim as admitted”?

no, I’ve not been notified of a court as yet

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X