• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**discontinued** county court document received have no idea what to do.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you received a copy of the application? Or is it just a letter from the court saying that the stay has been lifted and transferred to Boston? If it's a copy of the application can you do a picture of the front page and the grounds or witness statement with it. If it's been transferred to Boston without the stay being lifted then you will have opportunity to argue against the stay being lifted ( And possibly that June 2018 Tomlin order letter will be useful there)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

be interesting how that scans with their 'postal error' application
      Also be interesting once you have the application to see what exactly they are suddenly producing to substantiate their claim.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

• Ok the court have lifted the stay already so not much point arguing - but we can put it in the witness statement As they claim to have sent the directions questionnaire in March, but wrote to you in June threatening to lift the stay. Also if they have sent it in much need of sent you a copy as they are meant to… I presume you never received one?

It's a case of waiting for directions from Boston now.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• Amethyst as yet i have received no correspondence from lowell since the tomlin order in june last year i find it odd that suddenly they have decided to get the stay lifted they as yet have provided none of the documentation stated in there initial claim i also can't log into the claim online now so can't even access the information on there.

Comment

• You're not alone, I think they must have tasked some office bod to go through stayed claims and make the applications to lift the stays. Mainly they seem to hope that people will have forgotten about the case and will either ignore the letters or make a settlement offer, so don't worry too much, it's not personal and they haven't suddenly 'found' all the evidence for your case... it'll be better to get it out of the way one way or another than having it lingering in the background anyway xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Amethyst thank you i really would like to just get this whole situation out of my life so maybe this is for the best will the next steps be a court date? or mediation or both as i have had no experience of this before thankfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by whu View Post
                Amethyst thank you i really would like to just get this whole situation out of my life so maybe this is for the best will the next steps be a court date? or mediation or both as i have had no experience of this before thankfully.
                They have requested to re-file their N180, so it will possibly be mediation unless the judge just orders straight to a hearing. It would ordinarily be mediation if both parties agree and then a hearing if that fails.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

• jaguarsuk thank you just un update received a letter from boston court this morning stating the case has been moved to norwich.

Comment

• Originally posted by whu View Post
                    jaguarsuk thank you just un update received a letter from boston court this morning stating the case has been moved to norwich.
                    Okay, does it explain why?

Is that closer to you?

Comment

• jaguarsuk is a little strange as norwich is a little further away than boston?

Comment

• It could be that Boston is busy.

Comment

• Or closing, I know our local court has closed recently and all cases are being heard in a country court in a slightly larger town.

Comment

• Amethyst jaguarsuk ostell Good morning hope you all had a great bank holiday weekend i have a quick question i hope you can answer since i received the letter from boston court dated 31 july 2019 stating the case had been moved to norwich i have not received any other documentation from either lowell or the court and i wanted to check if this is normal for such a case as lowell's application states that they enclosed the directions questionnaire but i am yet to receive anything else from the court or lowell?

Comment

• Amethyst jaguarsuk ostell Good afternoon today i have received a notice of allocation to the small claims track (hearing) letter it states that on the 22 august a judge considered the statements of the case and directions questionnaire filed and allocated to the small claims court for a hearing on 3rd jan 2020.it also says i should contact the mediation service. i wanted to firstly check if this was the correct order of things as i still haven't received any documents from lowell portfolio in support of there case and no directions questionnaire also and to ask if there is anything else i should now be doing and should i contact and agree to the mediation? any advice would be greatly appreciated many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X