• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay (UK) Ltd / AJJB Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay (UK) Ltd / AJJB Law

Hello,

I have read a few threads with interest and also found information regarding these companies but this is the first legal forum I have found and would love some advice.

After a horrific year of losing my mum, issues with my autistic son and literally after a week of getting test results showing the probability of cancer I got a wonderful Letter Before Claim from AJJB Law saying I owed £630 to Allay (UK) Ltd.

I don’t have a lot of legal knowledge but having worked in solicitors as a PA/Legal Secretary many moons ago I did a bit of research and found out that Allay (UK) is creating false debts for PPI claims by forging signatures via an online advertisement for PPI eligibility for different firms or companies.

I honestly don’t think I’ve even looked at these as I had to go bankrupt 14 years ago when I lost my well paid job as fell ill during pregnancy and from then on my credit was poor until recently and I am very careful now about finances and credit purely because I don’t want to ever be in that position ever again, so I cannot see how I have incurred any debt.

I also until I googled the company never heard of Allay or it’s sister companies either so if I had any debt surely I would have received some form of contact by now but there has been Zero.

I rang AJJB Law regarding their letter and I was very defiant as I had enough that week as it was. I informed the lady “Kirsty” that I was recording the call and was it okay to proceed and she agreed.

I then went on to say that I had incurred no debt and she said that I have not paid what I owed so I’m off to court unless I agree to pay the fees owed.

I then told her I cannot claim PPI as everything I was eligible to claim for went through my bankruptcy and that what she was doing was representing a fraudulent company.

She then informed me that maybe they didn’t have my correct address to which I informed her that I haven’t changed any of my details for 14 years now and if they could find me then surely they could too.

My letter was dated 31st August 2021 and I noticed before the call a company called CRS had performed a credit search on me and as they share the same address as AJJB law I assume they are connected. I asked her why a search was carried out on my credit file with no permission and that I was not very happy with what was happening. I also said that I am not in a good place right now and this harassment and quite frankly illegal approach was unnecessary and in fact if they want to take it further then I would happily go to court and discuss the illegality of this matter and I would counter sue for damages for the upset caused.

She kept saying well give me your personal information and I replied that in no circumstances was I sharing my personal information with her and she got very irate saying she would not help me until I gave her my information. I then said as I was going to consider a counter-claim against them what was her full name for my records and she refused to give me it saying she was under no obligation to do so and I replied but it’s okay for me to share my information with someone who I cannot confirm identity for myself?

I then stated I have worked in the legal sector in the past and then outlined the procedure for debts and debt recovery process and I said that if it was passed to themselves then wasn’t it the case I should have had some kind of correspondence from Allay or it’s other companies before now? And that actually if the legal process was followed then they should have tried to resolve it first? Again I got told I must have changed my contact details.

I said okay Kirsty so what is your experience here? Are you legally qualified or are you a call centre member as you don’t seem to be very clued up on what my rights are so can I aso
    If you are qualified to be working within a law firm and dealing with my case? Or do I need to speak to someone above you who is qualified? She got very angry said that I cannot tell you my qualifications it’s not your business. I simply replied if you are a true law firm then I should be aware of your position or your name and if you are qualified to deal with this properly as I’m very angry here and want to get this sorted out and I find it very strange that all I am allowed to have is a first name.

She then told me that she would go back to her client see if they would make an arrangement to avoid court and then refused to speak to me further but said I would get a response within the week.

I got really annoyed and I contacted the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) who did some research for me and found out that AJJB Law is under their jurisdiction and they haven't had any complaints raised against them but agreed that what I had experienced went again their code of conduct and the key factor was the fact they are representing a company that keeps being renamed as it has other names previously. One was refused by the FCA(?) as it was trading fraudulently and another for not declaring their financial information and that Allay (UK) is a fairly nee branch of a company that seems to be claiming monies and debts unduly.

Sorry for the huge message but wanted to put all the info her I have as I just want to know as I haven’t heard from AJJB Law or Allay (UK) Ltd since do I need to chase this up? I was advised by the SRA I should raise a complaint but I haven’t had time and been poorly but should I pursue this? And
    lastly does this company have the right to continue this claim
    against me if I have not had any contact with either of them before this Letter Before Claim??

Basically do I need to worry? I’ve just started my own part time business and don’t want to get issues because of some
    debt I do not own.

thank you for any responses that are given it would really be good to clear my anxiety over this issue,

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Hi MISTI77

Sorry for your loss.

Wait for advice from EXC

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I got a wonderful Letter Before Claim from AJJB Law saying I owed £630 to Allay (UK) Ltd
        Is it a Letter Before Claim or is it just a threat of one? A Letter Before Claim will include a Reply Form and a Financial Questionnaire. If it is you need to follow the advice in post #25 here Allay claims Bullying or trying to. - LegalBeagles Forum

You don't need to complete the Financial Questionnaire. In my view they are unlikely to issue proceedings on relatively small amounts. This is especially so since they lost a case we handled last year Allay LOSE in Court - LegalBeagles Forum

Allay Claims Ltd sold the consumer 'debts' to Allay (UK) Ltd a few months ago. They're using AJJB to issue threat-o-grams in the hope some people will be intimidated to pay up.

Both companies are late filing their accounts and risk being struck off.

ALLAY CLAIMS LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

ALLAY (UK) LTD. overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Comment

Yes it states Letter Before Claim and has the financial evidence attached but like I said it’s the first time I’ve heard of either place and it’s a mystery really - thank you for the advice too!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X