• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form for multiple parking tickets - urgent advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form for multiple parking tickets - urgent advice needed

Hello,

I have received a claim for unpaid parking charges for £850

I have to acknowledge the claim by tomorrow at 4pm and I am currently considering using a parking appeal service to do everything for me, in which case they will have to acknowledge it. I opened this letter pretty late and I haven't been able to find a decent defence so far.
    Does anybody have advice on whether this is likely to go tits up? The company have only been around since January and have decent reviews on trustpilot. The way they operate is to make a defence and if it is not successful in county court then they 'take' the claim for you.. This worries me that somewhere down the line this will bite me in the bum.
    Alternatively, I can acknowledge the claim myself and make my own defence obviously which is quite overwhelming.

Will attach docs.

Would really appreciate some advice! Much love.

To add POC: POC as pictured and then lists all "contraventions" including the following:
    On DATE, the defendants vehicle was parked at such and such address. The driver breached the terms of agreement by failing to clearly display a ticket, permit or voucher as required. The claimant therefore issued a PCN number ............................. The defendant has failed to pay the sums due within 28 days or at all. The amount currently outstanding is £____

Shall I add a saturated photo of the POC? Not sure if I'd be putting too much on a forum if I did.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by besarah; 29th October 2019, 23:22:PM.
    Tags: None

Doing nothing about it for 3 weeks or so is not a good plan.

Reports on other similar companies have not been too good.

The defence is unique to your circumstances so no good looking for an exact match.

For help here you need to post the circumstances

For £700 I think your claim company might not be interested

​​​​​​​Do you believe trust pilot?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Doing nothing about it for 3 weeks or so is not a good plan.

Reports on other similar companies have not been too good.

The defence is unique to your circumstances so no good looking for an exact match.

For help here you need to post the circumstances

For £700 I think your claim company might not be interested

​​​​​​​Do you believe trust pilot?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I have two weeks after tomorrow, I am willing to put work in and don't mind researching but have ADHD so it gets a bit overwhelming at times after a day at work. The circumstances are that my car was parked multiple times in a car park where this sign was displayed. However it was dark when I parked so did not see these signs. I wouldn't imagine this is enough of a defence though.

They didn't say they are not interested and were willing to take on the case.

Comment

I am willing to defend my own case, it just felt easier to let a company do it for me, I am not overly interested in them 'taking' the claim for me as I feel like that would potentially land me in s**t eventually.

Comment

If not successful in court they will take the claim ? What does that mean ? It is you that would have a CCJ against you for 6 years. I think it might be a good idea to give us the name of this company to check it out a bit - or at least the terms and conditions etc - pm me if you like xx

Have you sent back the acknowledgement of service yet ? If not, get that sent - online is quickest if you can log in - intend to defend in full - it's not binding but it makes sure you have the full 33 days from the issue date to sort out what to do xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hello, the name of the company is parking fines ltd. In their words to me "If the case is lost it does not go anywhere it sits with us, it's really just a fallback position but our aim is to win". To be honest using them is more out of desperation and worrying about not creating my own defence, as I think the solicitors and my claimant will likely work hard to get this amount of money, and thus far I cant see what my defence would be.

It would be really helpful if somebody could help me to create a defence so that I won't have to use a company.

No I have not sent my acknowledgment of service, reason being I was potentially going to use this company, who advised that the acknowledgment get handed over to them? So I would send them my claim form and they deal with everything from there on, does this sound like a scam?

Comment

Amethyst I am not sure how to PM you, I may not be able to as a new member?

Comment

Admin@legalbeagles.info if that's easier xx

Do the acknowledgement - even if you decide to use this company later getting it in protects you against a default judgment. You have 14 days from service to acknowledge.

If theres no case you then still have more more time to negotiate out of court settlement terms if necessary.

If it is these they are not solicitors ( and they can't spell for toffee )

Click image for larger version

Name:	CA90B3EC-C54F-4797-9B3B-412897F868A0.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1494421

Do you have the parking tickets and demands you received ? I think ostell will want to see them and a bit more info of the parking incidents xxx

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Had a look at the website and it is only for appealing a PCN and losing that they agree to pay the cost of the PCN. For court cases they charge every step of the way and don't agree to pay if you lose.

Yep, looking at the tickets would be good. Has the driver been identified? Simple Yes or No

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    Had a look at the website and it is only for appealing a PCN and losing that they agree to pay the cost of the PCN. For court cases they charge every step of the way and don't agree to pay if you lose.

Yep, looking at the tickets would be good. Has the driver been identified? Simple Yes or No
                    Thank you very much, I haven't been given an opportunity to identify the driver as far as I remember. I no longer have the tickets as this was 2.5 years ago and loads of my colleagues were saying don't pay, don't worry, ignore etc. (tickets were at place of work, no they don't have my back as they pay the management company).

Comment

Have you done the acknowledgement of service ? Claim issued 11th October.

You need to get that done today so you don't have a default judgment issued against you.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

In their words to me "If the case is lost it does not go anywhere it sits with us, it's really just a fallback position but our aim is to win".
                        That does seem quite misleading. You need to ask them directly, if the case is lost, do they pay the CCJ ( including all the costs) within 28 days of the judgment?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

That does seem quite misleading. You need to ask them directly, if the case is lost, do they pay the CCJ ( including all the costs) within 28 days of the judgment?
                          He said in the phone that they do and that is why they do the acknowledgment in their address, I have acknowledged the claim now anyway so will sort a defence from here. Am I likely to get help on here to create a defence? Can I pay somebody to help me? I have been through some other defences to take bits and bobs from but I haven't seen much I can use thus far, I think i'd need somebody to find loopholes and technicalities.

Comment

Now you've acknowledged you need to get the documents ( copies of the parking notices ) to see what defence you may have available to you - ostell do you use for 31.14 for these requests on parking claims ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by besarah View Post

He said in the phone that they do and that is why they do the acknowledgment in their address.
                              Hmmm they aren't regulated and therefore cannot undertake reserved legal activities - of which conduct of litigation is one. I don't know how they'd do the acknowledgement in their address either - that would mean going on the record.

They don't say they do that on their website - of course what they say on their website and what they actually do might differ but I would want guarantees in writing first that they will do what they tell you ( acknowledgement, defence and if you lost the case, pay the CCJ within the month )
                              Originally posted by parkingfines
                              • We create all the legal documents on your behalf. They are sent to you to check and approve, then sign and post to the court. (we cannot do this for you)

#staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X