• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi there - professional negligence claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are worse places!

Comment

• I think I've lived in some of them. All English though!

Comment

• In court tomorrow. Any useful tips or tricks from anyone?

Comment

• Be polite and respectful
          Don't interrupt anyone
          Only speak when asked to
          Refer to judge as "sir" or "Ma'am"

Pob lwc

Croeso i Caerdydd

Comment

• des8 - he didn't turn up, and hadn't filed a defence. Not unsurprisingly, his application was dismissed. My costs were laughably small in the end so the judge more or less said "it's not worth it" and I agreed

I'm not sure what the next steps are beyond enforcement as the 28 days has passed since the default. Do you think it would be worth calling him? I'm becoming paranoid that he is receiving no post!

Comment

• This guy has been through the mill previously I should think, he seems to know all the tricks to postpone the day of reckoning.

No point in trying to reach out to him, even if you do he will only try to take advantage
              Go for enforcement and hope he has assets which can be controlled ..... this goes back to our earliest posts questioning whether or not it is always worth suing.

Good luck anyway, and have a good Christmas

Comment

• Shall do. I think the best think to try and do is secure the debt against his home. Do I have to wait for the paperwork from the court that his application was dismissed?

Comment

• No, because the result of the first case was never revoked it still stands.

Comment

• I hit 'post reply' too quickly.

Wanted to also add many thanks over the many posts here that have got me to this point. And I also wish you Nadolig Llawen (hopefully that's right!)

Comment

• Comment

• Hope you had a good Christmas!* I've decided to try two things at once - have him ordered to attend court to detail his finances; and also place a charge on his property.* The form for the first is straightforward.* But the N379 for the charging order has a big box asking if the is anything I want the judge to take into account - not sure if there is anything worth putting here.

I've assumed he has no other creditors and all the interested parties are those on the land registry entry, who will also require service.

Comment

• Can't think of anything to put in that box.
                          Issuing the interim charging order is dealt with as an administrative function by CCMCC
                          Once the interim charging order has been made the court will require you* to serve it. For this purpose suggest that when applying you file two copies of your completed application form and all supporting documents so that the court can return one sealed set to you, which you can then photocopy and serve on the relevant parties.

CPR 73 & CPR PD 73 apply

Comment

• Cheers- I will read up*

Comment

• Interestingly, 73.7 doesn't appear to include a requirement to serve on the people who have an existing charge on the property? So I believe in this case it is just the judgement debtor and their spouse

Comment

• No, scrub that. I can't believe that's right.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X