• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Court claim details sent but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay it so that you don't have the judgement on your credit record for the next 6 years.

Comment

the keepers partner said she was the driver and is not bothered about the ccj...
      Last edited by calex1965; 14th May 2019, 12:49:PM.

Comment

But who's name is on the default judgement? That will be the person who has the problem,

Comment

the keepers name.

Comment

So the keeper will have credit problems for the next 6 years.l

Comment

unless the keeper pays the full amount? Any other options/alternatives? cheers

Comment

Correct, payment before 30 days is up

Comment

no other alternatives then...?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Imho, I reckon that's that.
                      Courts are very hot nowadays on late filing, & little mercy is shown.
                      An application to request a set aside is likely to cost £255, & unless there is a very good reason for the delay, I doubt whether you'd be successful.
                      If it were me I'd just pay the judgement sum & draw a line under it.
                      If you're not financially able to pay in one hit, you could ask for time to pay/installments. (I take it that the order is 'forthwith'...they usually are.)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Many Thanks for your assistance throughout this process guys, it is truly appreciated

Comment

Hello again guys,
                          Could you assist please?

Do i pay the default judgement fee to the solicitors or the parking company?

It states on the letter" payment must be made to the person named at the address for payment,giving the claimants ref and claim number"

Obviously the claimant is the Parking company (shown at top of page of letter). However it states below the claimants details, next to the solicitors name/address - "Name and address for payment (if different from above"​​​​) Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by calex1965 View Post
                            Hello again guys,
                            Could you assist please?

Do i pay the default judgement fee to the solicitors or the parking company?

It states on the letter" payment must be made to the person named at the address for payment,giving the claimants ref and claim number"

Obviously the claimant is the Parking company (shown at top of page of letter). However it states below the claimants details, next to the solicitors name/address - "Name and address for payment (if different from above"​​​​) Cheers
                            If it were me I'd pay the Claimant & copy in the sols.
                            & if via post, I would keep copies & proof of posting.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

thanks for the quick response guys

LegalBeagles is a free forum offering support, discussion & help for consumers from their peers and covers mainly legal and financial issues.
                              Last edited by havip; 10th June 2019, 00:59:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X