• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim received from builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can just imagine that this has ended up on the plate of somebody who is just used to dealing with routine issues. By complaining it may be escalated to someone who knows how to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
      I can just imagine that this has ended up on the plate of somebody who is just used to dealing with routine issues. By complaining it may be escalated to someone who knows how to do it!
      Did they return the fee?

If so, simply send in the application again pointing out that this is an order of the court and you are seeking enforcement of it.
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Yes, the fee was returned with a note saying cannot process as no order on system and that an email had been sent to Chelmsford CC requesting for it to be entered.

I then followed up with a phone call, waited 10 days called again to find out it still had not been entered and then received the letter from Chelmsford CC saying no judgement to enter....

The most frustrating thing is that it takes 30 minutes waiting on hold each time you call and then you only get to speak to the call centre, who to be fair have been very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickers View Post
          Yes, the fee was returned with a note saying cannot process as no order on system and that an email had been sent to Chelmsford CC requesting for it to be entered.

I then followed up with a phone call, waited 10 days called again to find out it still had not been entered and then received the letter from Chelmsford CC saying no judgement to enter....

The most frustrating thing is that it takes 30 minutes waiting on hold each time you call and then you only get to speak to the call centre, who to be fair have been very helpful.
          Apply with a copy of the order again, a judgement hasn't been entered, but an order has been granted and an order is enforceable.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

JAGUARSUK - Can you contact me directly please? I have 13 days to file a counter claim and defence. I have pictures with all the faults, evidence, quotes to fix the faults etc. I'm just awaiting a professional report and few last things. Would you be able to help? Many thanks in advance.
            Last edited by domi2021; 12th October 2021, 11:13:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by domi2021 View Post
              JAGUARSUK - Can you contact me directly please? I have 13 days to file a counter claim and defence. I have pictures with all the faults, evidence, quotes to fix the faults etc. I'm just awaiting a professional report and few last things. Would you be able to help? Many thanks in advance.
              You’re going to have to explain what has happened since the strike out.

The claim was struck out and you were awarded costs, so why would you need to defend and counter claim?

Comment

Hello, thank you for answering me. Basically we hired a builder for a huse renovation and loft convertion. While we were waiting for plans he was about to build a garage and remove carpets etc. He didn't work on schedule and literally was doing what he wanted , he didn't follow the architect's or my instructions. He paid him 20000 already but he invoiced us for an additional 9000 after we dismissed him. To fix his "work" we were quoted over 30000 including damaged plumbing and rewiring (he mixed 50years old wires with new ones). We received a letter from moneyclaims online, I thought that we only have to file a counterclaim but I am a bit confused. I am not sure if we need to defend first and than make a counterclaim or do it all at once.

Comment

Hello, thank you for answering me. Basically we hired a builder for a huse renovation and loft convertion. While we were waiting for plans he was about to build a garage and remove carpets etc. He didn't work on schedule and literally was doing what he wanted , he didn't follow the architect's or my instructions. He paid him 20000 already but he invoiced us for an additional 9000 after we dismissed him. To fix his "work" we were quoted over 30000 including damaged plumbing and rewiring (he mixed 50years old wires with new ones). We received a letter from moneyclaims online, I thought that we only have to file a counterclaim but I am a bit confused. I am not sure if we need to defend first and than make a counterclaim or do it all at once.
                  We have 14days to defend /make a counterclaim. We only received a claim form. I hope it makes sense.

Comment

If you haven’t already acknowledge service.

if you already have them I’m probably a bit late coming back to you, sorry.

If not, you have extended the deadline to 33 days from the date on the claim form and we have plenty of time.

you will need to defend the claim and submit a counterclaim with a cheque/postal order for the fee.

You’ll need to obviously state the reasons for the defence and then write a particulars of claim, this needs to be one document.

on the defence and counterclaim form you will simply write ‘see separate Defence and Counterclaim’

Remember to keep these concise and relevant. This isn’t the story of what has happened, that’s later in your witness statement. This is the legal basis why you do not owe what is being claimed followed by the legal basis why you are owed your counterclaim.

if you have now acknowledged the claim and got some extra time then post a draft with personal details removed here for review.

I cannot speak with you directly or privately because I am not a solicitor and therefore can not consult with you or give advice privately. I can merely share my knowledge publicly and tell you what I would do presented with a claim in your circumstances.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X