• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoosmiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoosmiths

Hi and thank you for letting me join your forums.

I'm after a little bit of advice if you could.

I have just received a claim form for a debt which started off with MBNA ( can't recall taking a loan or credit card so I'm not sure of when )

Claimant is Arrow who purchased the debt in 2015.

I'm really not sure what to do from here.

shoosmiths contact me on a daily basis asking me to call them. I've received no letters from them that I can recall or at least no recent letters apart from the court claim.

any help at all would be appreciated as I really can't afford to pay what they are asking for but I also can't afford to get a ccj ( not that I ever want a loan )
    Tags: None

Hi Thingy, Could you post the particulars of claim from the claim form please, and tell us the issue date on the form, then we'll be able to give a bit of guidance how to deal with it.

Does anything show on your credit file in regards to an MBNA debt ?

And try not to worry, it will be sortable
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and thank you for the quick response
      Sorry I'm panicking a bit.

issue date 27th Nov 2018

Particulars of claim

1 The claimants claim is for the sum of £700 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement between the defendant and the Mona Europe bank limited (no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) and assigned to the claimant on the 30/11/2015, notice of which has been provided to the defendant.

2 The defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the consumer credit act 1974

3 The claimant claims the sum of £700

I haven't checked my credit files as yet but will asap

Comment

Sorry MBNA NOT Mona

Comment

Thank you.

Can you log in on Moneyclaim online and acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full please ( it's not binding, it simply extends the time you have to gather info and decide what to do ) If you decide to defend the Defence needs to be filed before …
          30 December 2018

Then send this
          CPR 31.14 Requestto Shoosmiths, asking for the Agreement, Default Notice, Notice of Assignment.

and this
          CCA Requestto Arrow.

And then this
          Subject Access Request Letter
          to MBNA ( or you can do that online here > mbna.co.uk/support/GDPR )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you so much Amethyst

I have checked one of my credit files with no sign of it 2 more to go.

Comment

If it defaulted before Nov 2012 then it shouldn't be there ….
              if you haven't made payments to it since Nov 2012 it could well be statute barred.
              ..... but seems a long wait before selling it on to Arrow in 2015 if so.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi

I have done the above apart from checking on one of the credit agencies which I had trouble doing but there's nothing on the other 2. As of today I have only received back one letter thry were all signed for. The letter that arrived Stated they have not received sufficient information to identify me.

they want full name which I've given.
                full date of birth which I've given
                account number which I don't have.

plus they've destroyed my postal order

what happens now if I don't hear from the other 2 parties?

thank you
                thingy

Comment

Please help I'm worried sick and stuck now as i don't have much time left to put in my defence (

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X