• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow global

Good day urgent advise please. I have just received a balliff court letter so i rang the court who told me to contact arrow global they gave me a telephone number to call this company i explained to arrow global that i know nothing of this £11.450 ppund debt that i never recievex any letters from them only this court warrent. They have stated tjey have put my account on hold until the 26th of November do i trust them to cancel the watrent? Can i still apply to the court to have judgement set aside? I explained to arrow global of my situation with my health both mental and physical. I really need some help. Thanks
    Tags: None

So you've received nothing at all until the warrant of control letter - presumably it went to your old address.

Any idea what the original debt is ?

You'll need to apply to suspend the warrant and either offer payments or set aside the judgment ( probably set aside is better ) but you'll need the details of the claim - would the court not email you them at all? Have Arrow said they will send you the details and copy of the judgment ?

It's not this one is it ? https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...38#post1008238 or related - I note within that thread you did mention another letter from Arrow about the same time that the setaside was going through, I wonder if that got missed while you were dealing with the set aside and discontinuance.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1170361 letter from Arrow confirming they have your health info already, and have your current address so would have had no reason to file at the previous address.

Does the Warrant letter state the date of the judgment ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Arrow global state its a crdeit card from 2004 and i stopped paying the £1.00 in july 26th 2012. They said thry got my account back in 2017 and registered a ccj for £11.430.67 i dont recognise the ammount. I will ask to set judgement aside. I have never had any info on this debt at all

Comment

If they got your account in 2017 they already had your current details on file so they have absolutely no excuse.

You have to ask to suspend the warrant in the application as well as applying to set aside the judgment.

Did they give you issue date or judgment date at all ? Are they sending any info on the claim at all ?

Regardless first step is to write asking their consent to set aside and confirming your conversation today.

Sounds like it was close to statute barred.

Dear Arrow Global,

URGENT REQUEST FOR INFORMATION / CONSENT TO SET-ASIDE
        Your Reference/ Claim Number : xxxxxxxxx

I was horrified, and devastated, to have received a letter from the court today regarding a Warrant of Control you have obtained to enforce payment of a Judgment obtained by yourselves in 2017.

I have telephoned the court and asked for details of the claim to be sent to me, however they asked me to contact you, as Judgment holder, directly. This I have done and you have agreed to put the warrant on hold until the 26th November 2018. I'm afraid I have little confidence in this actually being the case therefore to prevent any issues escalating through the visit of any enforcement agent I am urgently writing to you to ask for information and your consent to suspend the warrant and set aside the Judgment in the case.

Please can you send me full details of the claim and the judgment order. I have received absolutely no documentation regarding this claim and currently have absolutely no idea what on earth the alleged debt could be, other than you have stated it was a credit card account. Obviously with this being an amount over £11,000 I am seriously concerned as I have never held a credit card with that kind of balance on it.

I am sure you are aware from your records that in July 2016 you discontinued a claim you had brought against me. You had issued at an old address and on receipt of a letter informing me of your application to obtain an attachment of earnings order, I successfully applied to set aside the judgment, which you subsequently discontinued after I had filed my defence.

Therefore you had my current address, and as it happens, details of my health and personal circumstances, including PTSD, anxiety, depression following a previous domestic violence situation, before you brought the claim in this latest case. I will be bringing this to the attention of the courts in my application to suspend the warrant and set aside the Judgment.

Your previous claim reference number was XXXXX if you require that to locate the records on your systems. As I recall Shoosmiths Solicitors LLP acted on your behalf in that case.

I'd ask that to save time and costs you would consent to the set aside application, as you did previously, and send me full details of the debt on which your claim is based so that I can consider my position further.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days. Should you fail to provide the relevant information I shall be submitting my application to the courts on the 9th November 2018 and will be asking that the costs of the application be awarded against you.

Sincerely

Amberhun
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have no information at all apart from this court warrent which states that i need to pay in full by the 1st of Novemeber. Shoosmiths or arrow global have only stated that it is a HSBC credit card and that they got the account in May 2017 and that i made my last payment of £1.00 back in july 26th 2012 of which i dont remember paying this. I did wonder whether they took it frim the actual credit card itsself. However they have never been in touch . Arrow global said they will suspend the warrent however i dont trust arrow global. Can the warrent be used by the baliffs from midnight on the 2rd of Novemeber or is there another process to go through as courts are running aeound 15 working days behind? I am worried. Thanks for your help
          court have put a note on file.

Comment

Maybe you can can do a pic of the letter and email it to me ? Just to check exactly where things are - this is the first letter you have received at your current address. Email is admin@legalbeagles.info

When you spoke to the court and arrow did either of them say where the claim was issued too ?
            Have you moved again since you dealt with the last arrow claim in 2016 ?

The claimant has said they put a hold until the 26th November on the phone earlier ?

The court have put a note that you are going to apply to set aside.

So you need to get a letter off to Arrow confirming what they said to you about putting it on hold, and also requesting information and their consent to set aside. Once have seen the letter we might amend a bit so you just get the application in regardless and sort consent out after ( as you did last time)

In 2012 were you in a debt management plan at all or could be have been a CCA request payment maybe. Of course considering this is from 2004 originally it may not be yours.

Now we know it's HSBC you can do a SAR to them to find out what it is about and what the £1 payment was but first thing is letter to arrow and start putting the suspend warrant and set aside application together.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will email in the morning. I have moved 3 times since 2016 i was in emergency housing due to fleeing domestic.abuse case went to court and he got 20 weeks i have a life restraining order agqinst him. But its funny they have my address to send a warrent order fron the court to my address now yer nothing before this.

Comment

Good day Amethyst i have emailed you all i know plus attached the notice of warrent. Please let me know you have this. Thank you.

Comment

I received a letter via email from Arrow global shoosmiths stating they have put my account on hold until the 26th Novemener and have written to the court. I filed a N244 with the court on Friday as it included a warrent which when i called the court today it was going before the judge today i have asked the ccj to be set aside and warrent suspended.
                  arrow global have been made awere of my health
                  so has the court this morning. I has to chase arrow global again this morning for a letter confirming that they have applied to suspend warrent. Interesting enough. Arrow.global are stating it is a credit card for hsbc from 2004 and that i had.made a £1.00 PAYMEMT and the last payment was 2012 july. I asked how they got thiss payment there reply was we dont know it was with the ladt debt collector. However i have never had a letter or paid anything to any debt collector. They can not confirm if this £1.00 was paid by me or talen from the credit card the debit is for.
                  plus i have never owed this amount on any card.
                  They also state they got my account last year in May and went for a ccj sometime last year but did not make contact with me until june this year. R i have not recievex amything until last friday which is a warrent of control. So that fact that they never tried to inform me is dreadful. Will the court set aside as i never got to defend myself? what can i do next as i do not in anyway trust these people.

Comment

Good news They have done what they said they would do on the phone to your friend last week and you needn't worry about bailiffs in the immediate future. Your application to set aside should work - you had no reason to give Arrow your new address and the circumstances of your move/s should be accepted. Then you'd need to look at a defence - likely statute barred by the sound of it, but once set aside a cca request and asking for documents/evidence should help.

While you wait for the court to look at things You should send a SAR to HSBC to see if they hold anything about the account. Do you think this might be something your ex set up without your knowledge ? ( would 2004 fit with that ?)

The £1 may have been a request you made for a copy of the credit agreement back in 2012 ? I think you mentioned before you'd tried to sort things out back then.

Have they said they made contact with you in June ? and have they said at what address that was ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

They said they made contact in June 2018 however i dont know by what means. They said a.letter went to a temporary address which was returned to a previous debt agency which would have been 2 years ago. However they only got the account last year so i guess they bought it from another debt agency. What is a Sar from hsbc? I have a copy of a letter the nems wrote for me before however i am even in a worse place than before. Can i send you the copy and can you help me with the defence in if possible. I believe they have done everything to avoid me knowing. The debt i know about is for 9.000 so why it is 11.430 i dont know this amount. I know i cerntainly dont owe that amount
                      hsbc were informed about my health back in 2011 when i went of ill from work. I froze the account. I was paying a pound a month for a.little while but on statuary sick pay of 73.00 pounds a week plus a mortgage and bills to pay i could not pay. Then threats from my ex husband i was told by my local police to move out of the area for.my own safety. Of which i did in 2012. Ended up fleaing a more violent person who ended up going to prison last year for domestic abuse. I was rescued by my local police who then got.me into secure safe accomodation with 3 moves in 30 months.

Comment

In response to your link to arrow global 2016 this is totally different case. That debt was closed. Thanks to you guys here.

Comment

Can anyone help please

Comment

Urgent help please

Comment

You have the application in to court to set aside, and the warrant has been put on hold and will be suspended by Arrow so you need to wait for those to go through.

If there was a debt of £9000 with HSBC then it isn't beyond the realms that this is the same debt - the judgment amount will have had court fees and legal costs added to it.

The SAR to HSBC Subject Access Request Letter would need to include your previous address so they can find all the information, but I'm not sure you actually need that if you are aware of a £9k debt with them. So don't worry about doing that now.

For now Arrow are aware of your position from your friends phone call, have acted accordingly, and the court have your application to set aside, so all you can do is wait for the next step from the court.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X